- #1
Thread Owner
Hello,
This site certainly got my attention! I've spent the last few days going through your "daily finds" & "best of" pictures, etc.
I simply cannot believe the stuff you guys have been finding! I went and bought a Garrett ace 250 (will be here on the 1st).
I'd like to get your suggestion on a set of good headphones.
Little about me: I grew up in Southern California, and joined the Navy out of high school. I'm now retired from the Navy and live in the Fort Worth, Tx area with my wife and son.
I've always wanted to get into metal detecting, just never had the time to do it. After finding this site, I'm hooked!!!
I was talking to one of my coworkers a couple months ago, and he told a story about how his granny, while on her death bed, gathered her (now adult) kids around her, and told them to go dig around the tree where "Sam" had fallen out of and broke his arm when he was a little kid.
All the kids (5 of them, including Sam) all assumed the other one knew which tree this was. Later that night, granny passed away.
A few days later the 5 kids started talking, and decided to go dig around this tree. Well it turns out, there are 155 large oak trees on the 16 acres that granny owned, and they have no idea which tree it was (not even Sam).
This took place when my coworker was just a teenager. He's now in is mid 40's, and to this day, no one has found what she was talking about.
Soon as I get my Garret next week, and figure out how to work it, I'm going to offer my help up to my coworker.
Do you think it would be bad if I offered to do it for a 2% fee (2% of the items recovered, not $$ %)?
Ammo Fort
This site certainly got my attention! I've spent the last few days going through your "daily finds" & "best of" pictures, etc.
I simply cannot believe the stuff you guys have been finding! I went and bought a Garrett ace 250 (will be here on the 1st).
I'd like to get your suggestion on a set of good headphones.
Little about me: I grew up in Southern California, and joined the Navy out of high school. I'm now retired from the Navy and live in the Fort Worth, Tx area with my wife and son.
I've always wanted to get into metal detecting, just never had the time to do it. After finding this site, I'm hooked!!!
I was talking to one of my coworkers a couple months ago, and he told a story about how his granny, while on her death bed, gathered her (now adult) kids around her, and told them to go dig around the tree where "Sam" had fallen out of and broke his arm when he was a little kid.
All the kids (5 of them, including Sam) all assumed the other one knew which tree this was. Later that night, granny passed away.
A few days later the 5 kids started talking, and decided to go dig around this tree. Well it turns out, there are 155 large oak trees on the 16 acres that granny owned, and they have no idea which tree it was (not even Sam).
This took place when my coworker was just a teenager. He's now in is mid 40's, and to this day, no one has found what she was talking about.
Soon as I get my Garret next week, and figure out how to work it, I'm going to offer my help up to my coworker.
Do you think it would be bad if I offered to do it for a 2% fee (2% of the items recovered, not $$ %)?
Ammo Fort
Do it for the fun of it 






