Gulf Coast Pirate

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2021
Bayport, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like how you put "the everglades" in quotations. They used to extend all the way to Gainesville and the gold is probably not located in what is now known as the Everglades.

Gulf Coast Pirate

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2021
Bayport, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was never located in what we call the Everglades now. You are correct. Since you are on here. How safe is a persons privacy on here? Can anyone see my email? Or anything else about me? I’m not super computer savvy. I don’t want certain ppl showing up at my door asking questions.
I don't think anyone except moderators have access to members personal information, but you should check with on of them to be certain.

Gulf Coast Pirate

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2021
Bayport, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoever wrote that movie. Or gained the information of this story. Knew what the public knows. Which is paymaster. Followed into the Everglades. 200k. But the paymaster in his report said, “Buried in the earth that rose up like a camels hump” I’ve never seen anyone actually be able to make the connection that, it was an Indian burial mound… but in the movie. The gold is found in an unmarked grave… they based that movie on this story. But with that very specific connection.
A lot of stuff was buried in Indian mounds. It made it easier to re-find the loot.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’ve been hesitant to share this story with pretty much anyone for roughly 10-15 years…

It very possibly has legal ramifications, therefore I’m not exactly sure how much information I’d like to divulge… That being said I’ll start by saying thank you for having me on this forum. And I hope this doesn’t result in my privacy ever being exposed.

How many of you are familiar with the real life story of 200,000$ in confederate gold being buried in “the Everglades”… by a confederate paymaster, during the United States civil war? ….. There was actually a bit of a documentary done about this in 1966. Some of you may of heard of it, The good, the bad, and the ugly…
The whole world can see the posts on this forum, but they can't see your private profile preferences.

Now how do you get the movie and the Everglades connected?

Hope you do realize that the move was filmed overseas in AlmerĂ­a, Arlanza River, Burgos, Cabo de Gata, Carazo, Colmenar Viejo, Cortijo del Fraile, Covarrubias, Durango, Granada, La Calahorra, La Pedriza, Los Albaricoques, Mini Hollywood, Monasterio de San Pedro de Arlanza, Rodalquilar, Rome, Santo Domingo de Silos and Tabernas.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Because the unmarked grave aspect. The paymaster simply put in earth rising camels hump. Not. Indian burial mound. But that’s the only thing it could’ve been. The exact dollar amount. The entire story. 200k. During civil war. Cash box. Confederate wages. Everything in that movie besides characters and locations matches up. Including the unmarked grave it was buried in. The confederate paymaster did not say it was buried in a grave… but it was…
Loosely woven threads of history are often thought as actual facts. Best of luck in your quests.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look up the report the paymaster and 5 soldiers gave. Chased into the swamp. Buried the cache on the west side of earth that rose up like a camels hump at the fork of two rivers. In the movie no mention of two rivers. Or Indian mounds. But they did bury 200k just like in the movie. Of confederate pay gold coins (and strips)… in an unmarked grave. An Indian burial mound. I’m not going to say I found anything in this location cause I didn’t... Or how. Or what. Or how I could know… these are just my thoughts, but in my opinion... There is nothing left in this location where this gold that has supposedly never been found… I’m just simply saying, in the movie the exact amount of exactly what in an unmarked grave at an exact time for an exact reason. Was an Indian burial mound in the general area where the paymaster and 5 soldiers said they buried it. And whoever did find it later on knew it was an Indian burial mound, so in the movie they buried it in an unmarked grave next to an arch Stanton. I’m also going to take a wild guess and say that I think they kept it in a wood box, that had metal corners, two hinges on the front and back, of a rounded lid that had 5 bands on it. Two on the sides 3 in the middle, with 4 handles two on each end but towards the outsides and connected to the metal frame just under the lid… cause of course that’s the kind of box they would’ve used in that time, I’m just guessing…
So did you create this account so you could brag about your find without actually showing us you found anything? People come on this site a lot claiming they've discovered one of the treasure legends. If you don't show us proof, there's no reason any of us should believe you.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
[r as long as it takes before either of them finds it convenient to betray the other. For instance, Tuco manages to vengefully capture Blondie and dehydrate him in a walk across the desert. However, they run into a dying Bill Carson, who whispers to Blondie where the treasure is hidden, leaving Tuco to frantically try to resuscitate his "partner" with water. The duo end up working together again, even after getting captured by the Union army. Angel Eyes reappears too, as an undercover Union soldier who tortures Tuco to learn the location of the treasure. All three of them escape the prison camp, and all three of them have intersecting paths leading to Sad Hill Cemetery.]

Read More: https://www.slashfilm.com/770872/th...e-ugly-ending-explained-seems-like-old-times/

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So , after reading all I get is that you think the movie and the story of buried gold are linked
Ok

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...How many of you are familiar with the real life story of 200,000$ in confederate gold being buried in “the Everglades”...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to TREASURE LEGENDS - FLORIDA for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum NEW MEMBER INSTRODUCTIONS Description: New to TreasureNet? Introduce yourself to our community here! Welcome aboard and Happy Hunting!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So this is your way of validation?
Most folks that hunt sand have similar collections.
Well done.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was never located in what we call the Everglades now. You are correct. Since you are on here. How safe is a persons privacy on here? Can anyone see my email? Or anything else about me? I’m not super computer savvy. I don’t want certain ppl showing up at my door asking questions.
Mods and admins can NOT read members PMs or emails unless they are shared with us in a complaint. It us highly illegal to dig in any burial mounds anywhere, it violates both Federal and Florida State laws.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread