What's new

First Santa Cruz find!

CHUDs

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2014
Messages
440
Reaction score
677
Golden Thread
0
Location
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally found a point in my town! I actually found this with the guy that got me into artifact hunting! So stoked about it. It was stuck out if the side of a cliff about 60 ft above the beach! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520524051.437484.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520524066.534741.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520524083.752790.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520524101.277092.webp
 
Upvote 0
From another Santa Cruz local...Congratz!
 
Thanks SeabeeRon! Good to know there are a few of us on here!
 
Nice find that’s awesome every time I see a cliff or bank I look to see if anything’s sticking out but have yet to find one that way , I was looking at a spot similar to yours yesterday it’s probably 120 ft high in some spots and the erosion is taking massive chunks out of it all the time I scaled the cliff from the beach at that bottom and was looking in all the layers for points but no luck
 
I bellied down into a little washout area, thought it was just a flake at first. Worth the risk!
 
That's some pretty material that it is made of.
 
Good eye maybe a McGillivray
Cluster: McGillivray Cluster or Diablo canyon?
 
Beautiful place to find points,wouldn't want to slip though.
 
GaRebel1861 I believe it is Franciscan or Monterey chert
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom