First Significant Gold! That and other treasure!

brchcar1445

Jul 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a beautiful drive today between Wallace and Avery in North Idaho. Been driving this route since I was a little kid with my parents, about 25 years. We found a nice place to do some minimal prospecting both for gold and fish! Also, I added a photo of the old Milwaukee Railroad tunnel that you can now drive through.

The gold was caught with my trusty bazooka, and this is actually the most gold I have ever got in one outing. Ive only come home with a few flakes before (by few I mean 3.). So this was pretty exciting for me! I know many of you will probably chuckle, but I'm pretty excited. I don't get to get out as much anymore since the wife is working weekends now and I'm home with my 3 little ones. So this was a day I will "treasure" always. Check out some of my findings below!

Gold.JPGIMG_0112.JPGWaterfall Tunnel fb.JPG

Upvote 0
Very cool!!! The first gold is always the best!!

I've got a couple of friends in the Spokane area that swear by Sullivan Creek in N. Idaho. Google and check it out.

Randy-Desert Rat in good standing.
So. Cal.

nice fish. if youre finding that in the gravel you will really be happy when you find bedrock

Congrats! Love the pics. Keep on smiling, keep on dreaming, and keep on chasing those dreams... Unchased dreams are voids that never get filled. :happy1:

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I'm actually about 20 mins from spokane in post falls Idaho. Scoped out Sullivan creek, might be making a trip up there.

It's about the same distance as where I went to to get this gold.

I'm trying to get back up there but life with 3 kids and a full time job is hard. Wife works weekends and it's hard to bring a 2 year old prospecting. You do more watching than digging. Hopefully again in july sometime though.

I'll report my findings!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back