First Silver and Gold This Season

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ground thawed enough for me to get out and do some hunting last week and I was able to get down a decent depth and got lucky - brought home the first silver coin of the year and what looks like it might be a small gold pin too. Some other odds and ends and even a Barclay Japanese metal soldier from 1937 to boot. The brass 2-piece thing looks like it might be part of an old mechanical doorknob. (I did find a bell near where I dug that up last year.) THe angled piece with the brass cap on it I have no idea - but it does have some letters on the iron part that I am trying to clean up enough to read. (Love a good mystery)

The sad part was, just as I was getting back into the swing of things again - dang winter came and buried everything under 6" of snow - so now I have to wait for another thaw. Oh well. I have some great new leads from the research I did over the winter.

HH everyone!

Attachments

• metal soldier.jpg
    metal soldier.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 597
  • close up handle march 22.jpg
    close up handle march 22.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 577
  • handle maybe march 22.jpg
    handle maybe march 22.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 587
  • small knife march 22.jpg
    small knife march 22.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 584
  • metal soldier.jpg
    metal soldier.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 590
  • numbers brass whatsit march 22.jpg
    numbers brass whatsit march 22.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 589
  • brass whatsit march 22.jpg
    brass whatsit march 22.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 594
  • gold pin march 22.jpg
    gold pin march 22.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 598
  • march 20th 1884 Morgan Dollar.jpg
    march 20th 1884 Morgan Dollar.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 593
  • march digs.jpg
    march digs.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 601
Upvote 0
Re: First Week This Season

black651 said:
The ground thawed enough for me to get out and do some hunting last week and I was able to get down a decent depth and got lucky - brought home the first silver coin of the year and what looks like it might be a small gold pin too. Some other odds and ends and even a Barclay Japanese metal soldier from 1937 to boot. The brass 2-piece thing looks like it might be part of an old mechanical doorknob. (I did find a bell near where I dug that up last year.) THe angled piece with the brass cap on it I have no idea - but it does have some letters on the iron part that I am trying to clean up enough to read. (Love a good mystery)

The sad part was, just as I was getting back into the swing of things again - dang winter came and buried everything under 6" of snow - so now I have to wait for another thaw. Oh well. I have some great new leads from the research I did over the winter.

HH everyone!
Nice silver! Still trying to find a Morgan dollar with the detector. Nice finds! DD

:thumbsup:

Great Finds!
Love that shotgunner !
Which rang sweeter, the Morgan or the Hemweight :laughing7:

Attachments

• nc finds 03-02 004.jpg
    nc finds 03-02 004.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 559

steelheadwill said:
Great Finds!
Love that shotgunner !
Which rang sweeter, the Morgan or the Hemweight :laughing7:

The Morgan! LOL! (The hem weight was pretty darn loud too) Those darn hem weights!! I get so worked up thinking I found a decent coin and then out pops those suckers. Still recall my first one and scratching my head over what the heck it was - until I looked it up on this site of course.

Thanks for the nice commments! :icon_thumright:

Beautiful Morgan and those hem weights are a seamstress dream. Thanks for sharing.

Nice haul. You are right about the door latch piece. My dad still has them on every closet in his house. His house was built in the early 30's. WTG.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

congrats on the finds, especially the Morgan. I am still looking for my first one. Thanks for sharing the pics

GOOD JOB! I like toy metal soldier. You have some awesome finds, i remember reading your posts last season.

Congrats on some great finds...especially the Morgan. Just found an 1884-s myself the other day. I'm glad you got to experience the feeling. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back