What's new

First Silver, Twin Injuns, Dime Trifecta, and More!

shallowdigger65

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2009
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
I got a chance to hit a couple of old parks over the last week. I got a few silvers, wheats, and injuns. Five wheaties: 1952D, 1948S, 1947D, 1926 plain and a 1923 plain. Two Indian Heads, both 1907. The lighter colored one is my first one ever. I also got a dime trifecta (not in the same day): a 1961D Rosie, 1942D Mercury, and a 1904 plain Barber. The rosie was my first ever silver. Yesterday and today I got the chance to go to an old park. I got 3 wheats, 1 Indian Head, and the merc and barber. I got the barber at about 7 inches and the merc at 5. When I first spotted silver in my hole I called for my friends to come look. The sight of silver at the bottom of your hole is great, but even better is seeing your son, two nephews, and two brothers coming running to see you pull it out.

Thanks for looking,
Shallowdigger
 

Attachments

  • this one.webp
    this one.webp
    161.3 KB · Views: 626
  • DSCF0009.webp
    DSCF0009.webp
    156.4 KB · Views: 612
  • DSCF0007.webp
    DSCF0007.webp
    257.3 KB · Views: 615
Upvote 0
Way to go!!! Nice Coinage ;D
 
Good job on the great finds! He was pretty proud of himself after pulling out his first IH and silver (and all the others of course)

P.S. I was the son who came running to see that silver ;)
 
Great job on those dimes, now lets start getting some of them quarters. There down there. Great job Dan.
 
great silver finds!!! looks like deepdigger to me :tongue3: MR TUFF
 
Am I the only one seeing this? Is that merc a 42/1? Kind of looks it. Need a close up. Please. Oh yeah nice digs!
 
Big Congrats !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang: :hello2:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D
 
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Good luck and HH
 
As Fr3nchy27 said, you should probably take a closer look at that mercury dime, it does look like it could be the rare overdate. Great work!
 
Nice digs!! :thumbsup:

Looks like you got a good place to hunt...
 
great hunt! congrats on the trifecta!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom