First Silver!!

Nose-4-Nails

Tenderfoot
May 13, 2008
Mean streets of G-town
Detector(s) used
Dans Whites Classic
Went with my mentors fr3nchy_ _, Dan_ _ _ and our buddy Augie. After Dan and Justin have emptied my honey holes they finally took me to a topsecret artifact producing chunk of woods. After Justin found 3 oldies in 1 hole 3 feet from where I was 10 minutes earlier, I was bound and determined there was NO hope for me or my method. I went back to where I was getting down and dirty digging on a roofing nail and a real beauty of a square nail, a odd sound came thru those headphones.. I knew it I had found any metal detectorists dream, A keg of square nails!! WRONG just my first ever Silver.. A real beauty of a 1944 Mercury Dime. A Great day thanks boys!! Gonna do it again on the west coast , rite?
IMG_7899.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

IMG_7907.jpg

Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Welcome to T-Net and congrats on your first Merc! I have yet to be blessed with my first... :'(

HH,
Moon

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
WOOOHOOOO.... Way to go on your first silver. A pretty merc at that!! Keep it and cherish it.
My first silver was a merc also. 8)

M

michigan michael

:hello2: :headbang: :hello2: :headbang: :hello2: :headbang: :hello2: :headbang: :hello2: :headbang:
Congrats on your first silver! A nice shiny Merc was mine as well! Love those dimes!
:hello2: :headbang: :hello2: :headbang: :hello2: :headbang: :hello2: :headbang: :hello2: :headbang:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first merc, it's a beauty! :thumbsup: Welcome to TNet!

Keep digging!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net. I was waiting for your post, and I figured you did get a dime that your friend dropped. :laughing9: He told part of your story in his post this weekend :icon_thumleft:

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
WTG man! I am really happy for you. That is the first of many! Your hooked now. As Spartacus said I kinda stated in my post that My bud found his first silver. I hope I did not rain on your parade too much. LOL! Great find. It's in great shape too. We will definately do some huntin' on the west coast too. Cant wait!

Justin

Dan32981

Nov 11, 2005
Oak Harbor, Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find bro!, you out did me that day all i found was that musketball! I'll take a silver merc anyday! We have many more detecting days to come, and more silver and keepers to find! The look on your face was priceless, you had a nice silver twinge in your eyes! Definately been bitten by the silver bug now! Keep your detector coil to the ground and happy Dirt Fishing!!!

-Dan

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on your first silver she is a beauty.....Matt

rogues71

May 9, 2009
mesa az
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
great job, and nice find. its always nice to find silver, and a merc my my first find as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread