Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went out yesterday evening to a couple sites.
At the first site I found my first Sterling Silver Thimble and a few early memorial pennies.
I like the fancy design, and it appears to be an antique.
The second site was not very productive. A little Bling, a little cha-ching, and then my 9" coil battery dies.
Oh well was hot as hell, and the poison ivy on my arm was rubbing against my armcuff.

Attachments

• DSC02890.JPG
    DSC02890.JPG
    415.7 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC02891.JPG
    DSC02891.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC02892.JPG
    DSC02892.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC02894.JPG
    DSC02894.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC02897.JPG
    DSC02897.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC02907.JPG
    DSC02907.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Upvote 16
Nice thimble....and I wouldnt wish poison ivy on anybody, I had a bad case a year ago. Trying to get to that "one spot " of ground that nobody has searched before...not a good idea.

Nice,anchor mark may be birmingham England....Joe McDonough

That thimble makes it all worthwhile in my opinion, nice save!

Nice little assortment of finds BP. Still waiting for you to baptise your machine

Nice looking thimble. As Joe said the "anchor" mark represents Birmingham, England. Any other marks on it?

A thimble of any type has not been found by me yet, so I really like your silver one. Looks to be in perfect shape.

Nice thimble....and I wouldnt wish poison ivy on anybody, I had a bad case a year ago. Trying to get to that "one spot " of ground that nobody has searched before...not a good idea.
Thanks VN. I haven't had poison ivy in so long, I thought I was immune. Guess not. I think I got it from my hand towel in my finds pouch. All day I had putting stuff in my pouch and my hand towel was in the bottom of this. At the end of the day I dug the hand towel out of my bag and wiped the dirt and sweat from my forearms. Been doing this for years. Lesson Learned.....
Nice,anchor mark may be birmingham England....Joe McDonough
Thanks Joe. I took some more photos of markings. it does look like an anchor.
That thimble makes it all worthwhile in my opinion, nice save!
Thanks Qaela. Im really happy with it...
Nice little assortment of finds BP. Still waiting for you to baptise your machine
Thanks Allen. Might wait and get the XP water kit. I like the idea of using the wired phones connected to the dry bag. I want to get it wet, but so scared something is going to go wrong.
Nice looking thimble. As Joe said the "anchor" mark represents Birmingham, England. Any other marks on it?
Thanks Erik. I just took some better photos of the markings. It does look like an anchor
Nice one!
Thanks Romeo
A thimble of any type has not been found by me yet, so I really like your silver one. Looks to be in perfect shape.
Thanks OD. The base isnt perfectly round but close enough. It was my third thimble, but my first silver one.

Last edited:
MR PICKER THAT SILVER THIMBLE IS A WINNER. AND DID YOU SAY IVY WORD . DONT TOUCH ANYWHERE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN COULD GET REALLY UGLY. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ALLERGIC TO IT UNTIL LAST YEAR CAUGHT ON BOTH ARMS BIG IDEA I PUT LIQUID SKIN OVER THE LESIONS DAMN STUFF COULD NOT DO ANTHING AND LEFT SCARS WHERE IT WAS TRAPPED UNDER. I FIGURED WELL THAT WAY IT WOULD NOT SPREAD STUPID STUPID IDEA. IT TOOK ALMOST 5 MONTHS FOR IT TO CLEAR WITH SHOTS SO BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU PUT YOUR HANDS AND LET IT RUNS ITS COURSE WITH A DOCTORS CARE IF REALLY BAD.

Nice thimble

nice silver thimble

That's really nice find ! Silver thimble is still on on MD bucket list. Congratulations

I want a silver thimble so bad got three reg ones this year still no silver one I'm jealous ,congratulations on a great find

Great thimble. My first thimble was Sterling. Always a good find.

Sweet thimble!!

Still waiting on my first silver thimble and it's at the top of my wish list.

Here's my first thimble--also made in Birmingham! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Carnelian Domed Silver Thimble (3).jpg
    Carnelian Domed Silver Thimble (3).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 90
  • Carnelian Domed Silver Thimble (2).jpg
    Carnelian Domed Silver Thimble (2).jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 85
Congratulations on the beautiful thimble recovery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back