IMG_1884.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
Upvote 7
OP
OP
humblecat

humblecat

Mar 31, 2024
Just a little biface made from good quality flint. Looks like IN or KY flint. It’s also a long way from being a Scottsbluff.
Okay. I’m new at this and someone told me that. I did notice it had the little sticky outey so I thought maybe. I also thought it was maybe obsidian. Guess I don’t know much lol. Thank you for the reply. I am always curious and ready to learn. And I love the piece no matter what it is ❤️

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Okay. I’m new at this and someone told me that. I did notice it had the little sticky outey so I thought maybe. I also thought it was maybe obsidian. Guess I don’t know much lol. Thank you for the reply. I am always curious and ready to learn. And I love the piece no matter what it is ❤️
I viewed it on the other site and it was given the Scottsbluff title. Im not sure how they came up with the I.D. But it is a nice quality piece of chert. Keep looking in the area it was found.

OP
OP
humblecat

humblecat

Mar 31, 2024
I viewed it on the other site and it was given the Scottsbluff title. Im not sure how they came up with the I.D. But it is a nice quality piece of chert. Keep looking in the area it was found.
Thanks. I will for sure! I’m actually in kind of a prime location so I’m excited for this new hobby.

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Thanks. I will for sure! I’m actually in kind of a prime location so I’m excited for this new hobby.
Some days are great now other days will be disappointing. Just be prepared to have more disappointment than satisfaction. Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread