First Time With Ryedale

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Gang, I was sitting around watching Oprah(not really) and decided to try out the new Ryedale Penny Sorter. I dumped a total of 5000 pennies(31 pounds approx) thru the machine. I ended up with a box of copper coins weighing 8.5 pounds. My 5th grade math tells me that is a wee bit over 27% keepers out of the $50 bag.
I found a bank which has 8 branches in small towns. Each one has a coin machine in their lobby. The first time in, the main branch had 15,000 pennies in bags which they gladly traded for 3- 50 dollar bills. Second trip in netted me 30,000 more pennies. I can't wait to see the faces on the girls at my dump bank. (can you say 2 dozen donuts).
I have driven the back roads of 4 states now looking for halves. This penny thing is way more cost effective,especially with gas at $3.18 per gallon. HH, Cheers, Jim

Upvote 0

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Hey cool-

You'll love it- I finally had my first jam at 119,628 pennies. I cleared it in 5 seconds.
What a great machine!!!

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
coolpix9 said:
This penny thing is way more cost effective,especially with gas at $3.18 per gallon. HH, Cheers, Jim
I wish it was that cheap here. $3.47 a gallon for regular on the California coast.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I did a rough guess at my copper count by looking at how many ful boxes I have. I get about $20 of loose thrown in pennies in a $25 penny box. I hvae 11 boxes full now. So, I hvae about $220 worth of COPPER pennies. That's 22,000 copper pennies. NOt a bad start. :-)

PLus 346 wheats, 2 Indian heads, 151 canadian pennies, numerous foriegn coins, and some silver from being at the banks (8 silver halves, 1 quarter, 1 dime, and 3 silver war nickels)

All from pennies. LOL.

Plus a lot of FUN. really. More than just searching the half dollar boxes by hand.

:-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread