What's new

First Tropical Storm

ron lord

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2007
Messages
1,303
Reaction score
1,621
Golden Thread
3
Location
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SC,NC and VA you all have the honor of the First Tropical storm of the new year,Let us all know how you do.
 
Upvote 0
First time I have ever thought of a tropical storm or hurricane from a detectorist's viewpoint. Sure adds an exciting new dimension!
 
Down here it's a double edged sword. Love to see them coming because they move alot of sand, but then we have to worry about our houses too. I know this is gonna sound just plain wrong but I wish we would have one down here, just to stimulate the construction in the area. I'm sick of working 2-3 days a week.
 
looks like its coming right for me, hopefully its more time behind the MD and not a bunch of time behind a chainsaw.
 
I know I dont want to have to put another roof on my house..... A sub tropical, or tropical storm I don't mind, a hurricane is another story, after the 4 that hit us in 2004 I have had my fill of them and I am a Florida native......Now if the eye passes 30-40 miles off shore thats great, having the eye pass over you sucks....
 
It took over 14 months to get moved back into my house after the 04 hurricanes. No thanks :nono:
 
I live in N.C. and had to replace my roof this year after a hurricane. Had to spend a good month cutting up downed trees and cleaning up. All of that is ok by me now. I am thinking of driving to the beach tomorrow. Atlantic beach looks like a likely spot for the storm to scour the beach from what I can see. Any regulations against metal detecting in that area or the surrounding area? I know the national seashore keeps detectorists out of Hatteras and Ocracoke Island. Any info is greatly appreciated. I have the need to dig some gold!
 
Look like all it's going to do is skim the coast line.HH
 
looks like its coming right for me, hopefully its more time behind the MD and not a bunch of time behind a chainsaw.

The downed trees will be there for a few days, what washes up on the beach, or uncovered in the sand, will be found by others while you're cutting wood.
Tough call........I PICK THE BEACH !!!!!
Hope there is no damage, and everyone stays safe,

Best of luck,
Bill
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom