First video and trip of 2020 - South Fraser River area - super fine gold!!!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just a tip that may make your panning trips more productive. It looks like you are panning each pan all the way down in the field, at the stream. Fully processing each pan individually takes considerably more time than production panning so you are, in effect, limiting what you process/how much gold you can recover in a day. In case you are not aware of how to do production panning.....fill your pan and pan it down to less than half, add more material to that pan and repeat. You can continue to add additional material and reduce volume/concentrate it until you are in jeopardy of flushing out concentrated black sands and maybe fine particles of gold. When you reach that point empty the pan into a collection bucket. Repeat the process over and over again then process the collected concentrates* at the end of the day or take them home to pan for gold recovery in comfort.

Good luck and welcome to the prospecting side of TNET.

* I like to screen these concentrates to several mesh sizes especially the cons below 20 mesh and pan each fraction separately.

Last edited:

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great video, my grandfather took me to the Fraser river back in 1960 to teach me how to pan, awesome memory. Question did you test the moss for gold , there is so much there. Since the river is so flat there going motorized is your best option , forget panning. Mining a big river has it's challenges.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread