Minelab explorer se, whites prizm v, whites classic ii
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

billydabeeg

Jun 23, 2010
west michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer, cz6a
I've got a CZ6a and an Explorer. The CZ likes big iron. What I mean by that is a bolt will sound like a coin and register like a coin. I use the Explorer for coin hunting.

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dont know anything about that one. I used a 1266-X years ago and I really liked it.

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a website dedicated to it.

http://home.insightbb.com/~johnhetti/coinstrike/

I owned one when they first came out, and had a real love/hate relationship with it.

I remember it did hit on super deep targets, (10"-12" easy) but mine couldn't tell the difference between a coin and trash. I thought with a name like CoinStrike it would of had better discrimination.

I wound up selling it after a summer of use, because I just got plain tired of digging good signals only to find trash. Yet there's others that love it and swear by it.

Tykit

Jan 20, 2007
Middlesex, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Fisher
I like the Coinstrike. It's true, the manual is badly written, some say to download the Goldstrike manual, easier to understand. The hard part is learning the sequence of setting up any of the 3 memories. Operating the detector is simple. Once you know how to set up the memories the rest is a piece of cake. Dave

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
talk to coinstriking michigan. I think thats his name. He seems to do well with his.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
The Coinstrike is the best machine I have ever owned. I've never really had too much trouble with garbage and of all the Indian Head pennies I have found over the years, they were all with the Coinstrike. I would run it with these settings at first and once you're comfortable with that, you can adjust accordingly.
Sens: 5
Threshold: -25
Disc: 99
Notch out foil and pulltabs

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
billydabeeg said:
I've got a CZ6a and an Explorer. The CZ likes big iron. What I mean by that is a bolt will sound like a coin and register like a coin. I use the Explorer for coin hunting.
On the CZ6a
A bolt of any lenth should give two beeps 1 at each end its called wrap around. If you walk around the target and get what you think is a coin sound single beep, but two beeps while walking around in a 360 very slowly swinging the coil then you know it a longer piece of iron.
I just flip the disc knob with my thumb to iron and hear that low grunt yup its not a coin.
Thanks Gary G.A.P.metal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions