Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
i visit almost every day!

SFLOcenEng

Apr 19, 2008
Rio Seco
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
I too like reading the Treasure Coast Blog, sometimes he seems a little overly optimistic. Overall it's a good read and has some useful information. For what it's worth I give Treasure Coast Blog a thumbs up.

PS
I'm a degreed Ocean Engineer who is looking for a job. Hard worker willing to travel as much a needed not afraid to get dirty. If anyone has any leads please pass them along to me.

Thank you

IndianRiverSonrise

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Various
bucketofguts said:

Yesterday that blog had a great picture of a found cob that turned out to be a 1659 Star of Lima.

A really nice example too.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

IndianRiverSonrise said:
bucketofguts said:

Yesterday that blog had a great picture of a found cob that turned out to be a 1659 Star of Lima.

Nice addition. Thank you.

My goal is to find a treasure chest with rotted wood and tumbling gold and silver coins...the sooner the better!

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
IndianRiverSonrise said:

I love your site and I am also a follower. Im surprised more people do not sign on. I give it a big thumbs up! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup: http://treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com/

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
Nice coin, but there is no star that I can see. I'll have to get my references out now.... ;D

Stan

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
The reopened Lima mint didn't produce coinage smaller than 1 reale in 1659. A "star of lima" coin would also contain a 5, 6, or 8 pointed star somewhere on the reverse (monogram) side. From its characteristics I guess this to be a Potosi coin minted under the reign of Philip III. The roman numeral III seen on the coin attributes the coin to assayer "B" which could have been either Hernando or Juan Ballesteros. The coins were not dated, but my research indicates it to be minted between 1595-1615. Comments and other guesses welcomed.... :icon_pirat:

Stan

T Hunter

Oct 26, 2006
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
I also think you have a great site and look at it most everyday. Thanks and keep up the good work . Mark :icon_thumright:

SFLOcenEng

Apr 19, 2008
Rio Seco
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
SFLOcenEng said:
I too like reading the Treasure Coast Blog, sometimes he seems a little overly optimistic. Overall it's a good read and has some useful information. For what it's worth I give Treasure Coast Blog a thumbs up.

PS
I'm a degreed Ocean Engineer who is looking for a job. Hard worker willing to travel as much a needed not afraid to get dirty. If anyone has any leads please pass them along to me.

Thank you

I also love your site. Visit at least once a day and have even sent you some material. You may remember the LIDAR images I sent and the magnetometer lines in south Palm Beach County that had some interesting hits? I post was not intentioned to knock you in any way and I'm sorry if it was taken that way. In fact I would love to follow you around an learn few thing from you. In the year in a half I have been at this I have done pretty good. Cob's, Spikes, Nails, and a few other odds and ends. I interested in the runoff from the dunes but not sure how to go about it. I live pretty far south.

Thanks Again and again Sorry
Anyway keep up the good work, it appears that you have many followers.

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
I enjoy the site (treasure coast blog) and visit it regularly. It's great! However, to become a member or whatever requires signing up with Yahoo?. Whoever, they took over my computer and auto-filled my e-mail and other undesirable crap. Had to unsubscribe and clean out a bunch of stuff.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

billinstuart said:
I enjoy the site (treasure coast blog) and visit it regularly. It's great! However, to become a member or whatever requires signing up with Yahoo?. Whoever, they took over my computer and auto-filled my e-mail and other undesirable crap. Had to unsubscribe and clean out a bunch of stuff.

I think Bill is on to something. He should email the webmaster and get some facts. I personally enjoy reading the site, but trust no one.

8)

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
BillyBudd007 said:
My goal is to find a treasure chest with rotted wood and tumbling gold and silver coins...the sooner the better!
LOL billy budd.jpg

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Big C is a friend of mine. I even encouraged him to.....(sensored.)

Oh well....

lol.

:icon_pirat:

Aluminati

Jul 20, 2009
Hello all!

I just registered to the forum. While It has been on my treasure sites list for some time, this thread motivated me to post.

Tom does a wonderful job with his treasure coast blog. I think I was one of the first dozen to register on it and have sent him some input and find photos in the past. I would encourage you to let him know you appreciate what he is doing for our hobby.

The blogsite used to accept comments, when it was hosted elsewhere, but now that it doesnt and you can not post anything on it anyway, you need not register, his email is on the site for you to share thoughts. If you want him to pass along any info, let him know its ok with you when you send it. This way he can edit the site content and keep it as informational as it is. I have spent far more in travel, and time, not to mention equipment, etc, than I will ever likely recoup.

As far as optimistic goes, I have been metal detecting now for the past 3 years or so both on land and underwater. I have logged close to 100 trips now including SW Lousiana, North Georgia, Cape San Blas, Honeymoon Island, Clearwater, Middle Florida Keys, and the Atlantic beaches from Jupiter Inlet North to Anstaisia Island as well as some inland florida hunts... and you know what....I have not found one single cob, not one peice of jewelry other than some cheap watches etc.

The most interesting thing found was a copper ingot from one of the treasure coast beaches. Second place is the old brass door knob and lockset from the Cape San Blas lighthouse destroyed in the 1850s. The most valuable thing I found was a 1939 silver Washington. Bla Bla Bla....but you know what... its the hobby I found that gets me out to some of the nicest places to visit on planet earth.

I hope one day Ill have a "braggin rights" find to post on here, but in the meantime Ill just enjoy perusing y'alls posts and finds knowin that "Today's the Day" next time I go out.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Hey Iluminati! Thank you for posting an intelligent dialogue. We here at TN love long discourses. No kidding. After saying "great penny" x 1000..it really is a joy to hear from guys like you.

Please keep posting as much as time allows. We honestly enjoy your kind of talk.

HH

BB

Aluminati

Jul 20, 2009
I will poke in now and then if I have something worth mentioning Billy. I just really thought alot of Tom's web blog.

By the way its "Aluminati" the finder of aluminum (cans & pop tabs) enlightenment, not "Iluminati", the cabal of enlightenment (as in heads they win tails they win) and global conquest, as my member name. :icon_sunny:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Aluminati said:
Hello all!

I just registered to the forum. While It has been on my treasure sites list for some time, this thread motivated me to post.

Tom does a wonderful job with his treasure coast blog. I think I was one of the first dozen to register on it and have sent him some input and find photos in the past. I would encourage you to let him know you appreciate what he is doing for our hobby.
I think he does a wonderful job as well.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Aluminati said:
The most interesting thing found was a copper ingot from one of the treasure coast beaches. Second place is the old brass door knob and lockset from the Cape San Blas lighthouse destroyed in the 1850s. The most valuable thing I found was a 1939 silver Washington. Bla Bla Bla....but you know what... its the hobby I found that gets me out to some of the nicest places to visit on planet earth.
Would love to see some pics of the copper ingot and the story that goes with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread