What's new

FOB ID needed

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this watch FOB today, and am trying to figure out what the letters stand for. ???
Is it "BCA", "CBA", or something else?

Someone scratched their name or initials all over the back side too.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
MM
 

Attachments

  • MVC-043S.webp
    MVC-043S.webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 414
  • MVC-044S.webp
    MVC-044S.webp
    41 KB · Views: 395
Good grief MM, there are hundreds of BCA's out there. Now I know why you posted it here. ;D I think that is an olive branch on the logo. Tried searching that direction but still nothing. I figure somebody will come along with the right ID. :read2:
 
Upvote 0
Some history:
Whitehead and Hoag Co., founded by Benjamin S. Whitehead in Newark, N. J.. As a youth, Whitehead imprinted silk ribbon and button novelties for souvenirs and began experimenting with imprinting on thin sheets of a new material called celluloid. Whitehead went on to perfect the celluloid button, one of the best known and most widely used of all specialty advertising products. In 1891, his company was incorporated as Whitehead and Hoag. Hoag was Chester R. Hoag, a neighbor whom Whitehead had patronized for twine and other supplies.
The company was first organized under New Jersey laws in 1892. Whitehead and Hoag became fast friends and formed a business that later was incorporated in 1892 and became the country's largest manufacturer of novelties and pinback buttons. A long, successful partnership continued until Hoag died in 1935 (Whitehead died in 1940).
(Various sources)
Regarding the initials: I haven't a clue.
Don.....
 
Upvote 0
Mackaydon said:
Some history:
Whitehead and Hoag Co., founded by Benjamin S. Whitehead in Newark, N. J.. As a youth, Whitehead imprinted silk ribbon and button novelties for souvenirs and began experimenting with imprinting on thin sheets of a new material called celluloid. Whitehead went on to perfect the celluloid button, one of the best known and most widely used of all specialty advertising products. In 1891, his company was incorporated as Whitehead and Hoag. Hoag was Chester R. Hoag, a neighbor whom Whitehead had patronized for twine and other supplies.
The company was first organized under New Jersey laws in 1892. Whitehead and Hoag became fast friends and formed a business that later was incorporated in 1892 and became the country's largest manufacturer of novelties and pinback buttons. A long, successful partnership continued until Hoag died in 1935 (Whitehead died in 1940).
(Various sources)
Regarding the initials: I haven't a clue.
Don.....

Good info Mack, I think I would have to agree on the Whitehead and Hoag being the largest manufacturer of the novelties and pinbacks. About 75% of the pinbacks, medal drops, badges, etc. that I have found bear their mark.
 
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
Good grief MM, there are hundreds of BCA's out there.
Possibly thousands. :D
 
Upvote 0
From the Johnson Smith catalog, 1929.
 

Attachments

  • Robbins1908.webp
    Robbins1908.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom