What's new

Fossil or Carved Piece, or D none of the above?

jeramme

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
96
Reaction score
146
Golden Thread
0
Location
MN
Hey all, my apologies for viewing more than sharing. I found this piece along the Mississipi River here in MN. I was guessing a fossil of some kind, but the archaeologist's assistant at the Science Museum, thought that it was more likely a worked piece. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • 20180627_162829.webp
    20180627_162829.webp
    562.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 20180627_162816.webp
    20180627_162816.webp
    360.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 20180627_162749.webp
    20180627_162749.webp
    520.6 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
Interesting!

Something to indicate siize would sure help.
 
my guess is fossil.. just a guess!!
 
Native American turtle decoy
 
Thanks, I was guessing Fossil, because the depth of the lines and bevels etc seem to consistent to be carved. Thanks for your insights!
 
Lol...thought it looked a lot like a turtle flipper
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom