What's new

Found a few today

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
I went on a regular old walk through a plowed field today. I have been looking at this field for awhile now, wanting to walk it. It is about 1/2 mile from a river and is the highest ground near the water. I found a few broken points, blades, 2 broken hoes, cores and scrapers.

image-4188523941.webp



image-2881932670.webp



image-4268963795.webp



image-77131325.webp



image-3420087998.webp



image-1493321563.webp



image-740563130.webp



image-1844472809.webp



image-3368884117.webp



image-3322081983.webp



image-1885193715.webp



image-1379393983.webp
 
Upvote 0
That last one has some nice color. What is it? Looks like you had a great hunt. All looked to be worked. Isnt it raining there?
 
nice finds congrats HH
 
That last one has some nice color. What is it? Looks like you had a great hunt. All looked to be worked. Isnt it raining there?


Thanks Rock! No rain yet!! The purple piece is probably a core or a discard. It's possible it was a blade, made crude. I'm not sure what this lithic is. It is purple all the way through. The break at the point shows that.
 
Great day my friend! I have been finding stuff like that myself, just didnt know what they were... I really think i need to look through my vast number of boxes of stuff i have collected on my exploring trips. I know im bad, boxes of rocks, its an addiction.... I refuse to quit!!!
 
Thanks everyone for looking. I'm glad that I finally caught the land owner in the field. I got permission and some info. on the land. A patch of woods sits in the center of this field, untouched. That was the eye catcher for me. The land owner told me an old burial was in the patch of woods. Just as I had suspected. I'll never strike that ground with a tool of any sort. Burials make for great surface hunting. No need to get greedy and disturb those at rest.
 
Great day my friend! I have been finding stuff like that myself, just didnt know what they were... I really think i need to look through my vast number of boxes of stuff i have collected on my exploring trips. I know im bad, boxes of rocks, its an addiction.... I refuse to quit!!!

Thanks Danny! It is hard to stop. It could be much worse though. At least we aren't hunting those other rocks! Lol!
 
Nice finds Rusty. Looks like another good day for you.
 
Those are nice. You must be in the northern piedmont or down east to get into plowed fields. All the fields down my way (southern piedmont) are drilled. Is the top left a Morrow mtn, and the bottom left a Randolph or Guilford.
 
:notworthy: New field and it is producing. What more can a man ask.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom