What's new

Found A Killer...

Older The Better

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2017
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
8,098
Golden Thread
0
Location
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leaf.webp ....Leaf ive been fooled plenty of times but this one really built me up before letting me down :BangHead:
 
Upvote 0
Thats pretty funny!... I know ive been fooled a many of times..... You never know though as soon as you don't your buddy walking behind you will pick up a killer point

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
 
I hate when that happens...!
 
I think that one would have fooled anybody ..... Can't count how many times Iv reached elbow deep into ice cold water only because I was certain it was a nice point only to feel a mushy leaf
 
Here's my favorite. It's a Brewerton Eared Oyster....
 

Attachments

  • 082D501A-2360-4B30-A790-585A6FC73C5C-2353-000001F2DAA5F833.webp
    082D501A-2360-4B30-A790-585A6FC73C5C-2353-000001F2DAA5F833.webp
    250.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 8E2AD20B-2238-45B5-8B83-2C0BAE43C12F-2353-000001F2E3D25B1C.webp
    8E2AD20B-2238-45B5-8B83-2C0BAE43C12F-2353-000001F2E3D25B1C.webp
    100 KB · Views: 112
Leaves, bird poop, shells, we've all picked up all sorts of disappointing non-point stuff.
 
Sorry to say but I have bent over many times for a leaf or 2. They turn black here which is my favorite color to find of all the stone points. Thats why I use a stick now I flip it 1st and if it doesnt move then I reach and hope. Good post
 
I have reached down to pick up what I though was a Shell Bead only to grab fresh bird poop. Done it several times.
 
Got me an ol flipper stick myself for the same reasons....IMG_20170513_190129.webpIMG_20170513_190214.webp

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
 
I have done the same thing that Grim did. Only I thought it was a sand dollar.
 
My hunting tool that helps me with this problem is a bayonet. I use it to hack through brush, digging and if it's stone it will let you know real fast. It could be used for a last resort weapon, but I carry fire power for that.:laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom