✅ SOLVED Found a Net under ground.

minDtwisteR

Jan 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there,

Can someone help me how to identify this and how old is this.
IMG_0326.jpg
IMG_1240.jpg

As you can see the edges of this net, there's still have remain a color green and i don't know what it is, when i stretching this it's form a square, please guys I need your idea about this.

TIA.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tennis net, circa 1980.

Upvote 0

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have seen green nets like this on hillsides to prevent erosion. Just a thought since it's green.

Upvote 0

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see this is marked as 'solved'... but solved as WHAT?

We have no details about the environment in which it was found, nor what size the apertures are. I would think a sporting net would be a pretty unlikely find in most environments. Anti-erosion possibilities... I don't know.

Since you are in the Philippines, my first though was that it might be a piece of camouflage netting (depending on exactly where it was recovered). Various sizes and forms exist. This piece measures around 1.3 x 1.3 meters, was Japanese WWII issue, typically used for infantry concealment (notably snipers), and is green-coloured:

Camouflage.jpg

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought but would WWII era netting last that long in the ground?I made myself a ghillie suit using netting that looks a lot like that taken from a contemporary military camo net,the knots look very similar,mine was made from a stiff nylon looking mtrl.Mesh was about 1.5X1.5 inches.Was nylon netting used in WWII?Just a thought that might help.

Upvote 0

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought but would WWII era netting last that long in the ground?I made myself a ghillie suit using netting that looks a lot like that taken from a contemporary military camo net,the knots look very similar,mine was made from a stiff nylon looking mtrl.Mesh was about 1.5X1.5 inches.Was nylon netting used in WWII?Just a thought that might help.

I don't know the answers to those questions but, equally, we don't know the exact circumstances or environmental conditions for the find... except that it was found "underground".

Upvote 0

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We need some more info in order to help you. To me it looks like it's from a tree rootball. Especially with what appears to be a hole under it where a tree sat. I handle them every day.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-09 6.15.47 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-09 6.15.47 PM.png
    437.1 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
minDtwisteR

minDtwisteR

Jan 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see this is marked as 'solved'... but solved as WHAT?

We have no details about the environment in which it was found, nor what size the apertures are. I would think a sporting net would be a pretty unlikely find in most environments. Anti-erosion possibilities... I don't know.

Since you are in the Philippines, my first though was that it might be a piece of camouflage netting (depending on exactly where it was recovered). Various sizes and forms exist. This piece measures around 1.3 x 1.3 meters, was Japanese WWII issue, typically used for infantry concealment (notably snipers), and is green-coloured:

View attachment 1936244

Just a thought.

Hi, Thank's to all the response. I'm sorry that for marking as a solve it was a wrong click on my phone actually it's referred but i made a little mistake, i'm so sorry for that this topic is not solved and sorry for that again.
Anyway back to the topic i found this net underground around 4meters deep, and the size of this is 7inches by 7inches wide but i'm not sure the sizes inside the square boxes of this net i will measure it again to make it sure and i will update this topic.

TIA.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
minDtwisteR

minDtwisteR

Jan 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi crashbandicoot: maybe your right it is the same to you bro, because that time when i cleaning this net and widening in the rock as i remember the one tied squre box is almost like sizes in my whole thumb but i'm not sure with that, to make it sure i will measure it again to get the actual sizes of this net.

Because i believe if all of you is right i think this is the sign going to the portal but it was just all i'm thinking. Hope so guys.

Thank you for all responded to me. I appreciated it so much.

BR.

Upvote 0

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Could be a section of post war military camo netting. The Filipinas and Americans conducted joint jungle survival training in the Philippines until we left Clark AFB in the 90s.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
minDtwisteR

minDtwisteR

Jan 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Just want to update you guys. Sorry for the late reply co?z i?ve been busy a while ago.

This is the clear view of the Net with Ruler in the Side.
IMG_0430.jpg
The Actual width is 7x7 inches.
IMG_0432.jpg
and the inside of 1 tied square knot?s is 1x1inch but if you measure in millimeter is around 30mm.

So what do you think about this net guys?

Is this a camouflage netting during world war 2?

TIA.

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread