What's new

Found a nice blade need help with ID

americanartifacts33

Full Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2013
Messages
227
Reaction score
779
Golden Thread
0
Location
St Paul MO
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a nice blade yesterday in a creek while shed hunting. Any ideas on what kind it is as well as the potential age?
 

Attachments

  • 2.25.18 - Nice Blade.webp
    2.25.18 - Nice Blade.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 152
  • 2.26.2018 - Blade Pic 1.webp
    2.26.2018 - Blade Pic 1.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 125
  • 2.25.18 - Nice Blade pic 3.webp
    2.25.18 - Nice Blade pic 3.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 137
Upvote 0
Man that’s a killer blade , think I would be spending a lot of time in that creek
 
I agree , i would be back there. specially after all the rain were getting. very nice piece.
 
That thing is sweet. You need to explore that creek thoroughly. Could be a Angostura. Which would put it to be late paleo, early archaic period.
 
That sure is a ''Sweet'' knife! Did you find any nice sheds to possibly plan a Fall hunt?
 
Thanks for the information. I will take all your advice and hit that creek hard this weekend. NMTREASURE after looking up the Angostura point I see a lot of similarities it very well could be that. Thanks guys hopefully I can post another point this upcoming weekend!
 
Thanks for the information. I will take all your advice and hit that creek hard this weekend. NMTREASURE after looking up the Angostura point I see a lot of similarities it very well could be that. Thanks guys hopefully I can post another point this upcoming weekend!

Look forward to hearing about your adventure next weekend! Good luck!
 
Great looking Blade but I don't think it's an Angostura. They are usually a lot more finely made.
 
I don't know but it's a total beauty.
 
Great looking Blade but I don't think it's an Angostura. They are usually a lot more finely made.

I agree.

I think overstreet's shows some examples fairly similar, but I think they are probably wrong there too.
 
Looks like a Kirk Corner Notch that was never notched, but the work on the tip is odd. Sweet find, whatever it is.
 
Last weekend update: Found a couple brokes and worked flint in that creek and my brother found what we believe is a sweet hardin type point upstream in the same creek. attached are the brokes that I found.brokes.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom