What's new

Found a nice point today!

Shorewalker

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2017
Messages
446
Reaction score
959
Golden Thread
1
Location
Virginia & Collier Cty FL
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was laying on the mud under a couple of inches of water.

photo (14).webp

These were found Tuesday

photo (16).webp

(I finally learned how to post a picture!)
 
Upvote 0
arrow_head.gif
Nice finds Shorewalker! Thanks for sharing...
 
Great finds!
 
Nice finds! That first one is really nice well made!
 
Beautiful points. Congrats.
HH
dts
 
Nice find that’s a good looking point I also like the small bifurcated point too , I haven’t seen many like that
 
Hey thanks arrow. I don't find too many bifurcates either. This particular site is mainly Savannah River but there are a wide variety of others. (I also thought that one was the best for that day)
 
choo, I was very pleased to find that one. It most likely would have shortly sunk into the silt/mud of the river bottom.
 
Wow! That is a beautiful point! Congrats!
 
That is not a nice point! It is an awesome one to me. Congratulations and good providence on your next hunt.
 
Thank you fyrffytr1. It's going into my "good" case. It's very well-made and crisp as the day it was dropped. It's ice-white opaque quartz.
 
Thank you fyrffytr1. It's going into my "good" case. It's very well-made and crisp as the day it was dropped. It's ice-white opaque quartz.

I have found a few quartz points but nothing as well defined as yours. I understand that is a very hard material to knap.
 
Very Nice. Best looking piece of quartz I’ve seen in a long time.
 
That is a smoker all day. Beautiful!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom