Dec 24, 2007
CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to say it was found while detecting, but I've been too busy to get out in quite a while. Driving to one of my stops, I spotted what looked like a camera case in the middle of the road. I swung around thinking it could be something important to someone. I bet it is. Every credit card, store cards, license, SS#, Birth Cert., a wad of money ($329 + at least a couple dollars in clad) and a few other things. Everything someone would need to steal her identity, and then some. Luckily, she also had a business card that matched her lic. I immediately called the number and left a message at her office. When I got home, I sent an email too. Waiting for a reply, I'm sure she's going nuts wondering where it went. Probably cancelling all her cards. I'll get it back to her ASAP. Her address is only 50-60 minutes away, but her office is only 15 away.

Attachments

• P6301048.JPG
    P6301048.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 469
  • P6301049.JPG
    P6301049.JPG
    877.8 KB · Views: 367
  • P6301047.JPG
    P6301047.JPG
    661.5 KB · Views: 375

scdigs

Apr 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Lucky you found it before someone snatched it up

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd like to say it was found while detecting, but I've been too busy to get out in quite a while. Driving to one of my stops, I spotted what looked like a camera case in the middle of the road. I swung around thinking it could be something important to someone. I bet it is. Every credit card, store cards, license, SS#, Birth Cert., a wad of money ($329 + at least a couple dollars in clad) and a few other things. Everything someone would need to steal her identity, and then some. Luckily, she also had a business card that matched her lic. I immediately called the number and left a message at her office. When I got home, I sent an email too. Waiting for a reply, I'm sure she's going nuts wondering where it went. Probably cancelling all her cards. I'll get it back to her ASAP. Her address is only 50-60 minutes away, but her office is only 15 away.

She's very fortunate you found it and not some undesirable.A couple weeks ago I stopped at a light in the city across the river,I spotted a thick wallet so I jumped out and grabbed it,looking to see who lost it as I drive on a guy pulls up along side me and holds out a badge hanging around his neck..I'm detective so and so and I saw you get that wallet and I have been trying to catch up with you,I asked him if he would see to it that the girl would get it back"not a problem,I'm glad you found it and not one of the street people."A lot of plastic and a wad of cash.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
A big honorable mention for the honesty and phonecall!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I applaud you for your honesty and integrity! I am sure she will be elated to get her' purse, money, driver's license and credit cards back! Now go buy a Mega Millions and a Powerball ticket and maybe karma will repay you for your good deed.

Frank

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in the 80's I located two "losers" and returned their items, zero thanks whatsoever, the first guy said he thought he'd lost it, grabbed it out of my hand and booked - didn't even thank me.

A couple weeks ago now I returned a 64 year old engraved bracelet tab. The son of the loser contacted me back and thanked me for it, said he'd give it to his Dad, over a week ago. No feedback.

You know, sometimes we gotta get a little bit of thanks for what we do here - the right thing.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get a photo of the items being returned so y'all can get a well deserved Honorable

feels good to return lost items, maybe a hug or a "TY" reward for your honesty :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awesome. Good for you to do the right thing.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope it works out for you.. If not you will have a few bucks in your pocket.. win win

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
She is very lucky you found it! :occasion14:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope she is alright. If you do not hear from her before to long you may wish to contact the police for safety sake.......

OP
OP
TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all. No call yet. With the long holiday weekend, I'm wondering if she went away. I don't have her cell or home #, so i'll wait to see. I can always go to her home and knock on the door. My son tried to find her on fbook, but said there were 50 people with that name. Will keep you posted.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good eye on the purse, hope you are able to return it to thee owner soon.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in the 80's I located two "losers" and returned their items, zero thanks whatsoever, the first guy said he thought he'd lost it, grabbed it out of my hand and booked - didn't even thank me.

A couple weeks ago now I returned a 64 year old engraved bracelet tab. The son of the loser contacted me back and thanked me for it, said he'd give it to his Dad, over a week ago. No feedback.

You know, sometimes we gotta get a little bit of thanks for what we do here - the right thing.

I don't like ungrateful people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"An honest man's pillow is his peace of mind..."