MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great save by you!
It still counts as a "find".
...and return, if she gets back to ya.

Seeing as how you have had no contact from her (she maybe on vacation), you may want to let the local pd know just in case she is not.

I'm thinking since it was in the middle of the road it probably fell off the roof of a vehicle. As opposed to being tossed from a vehicle where it probably would be at the side of the road.

Interesting find for sure, and an honourable mention.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to take it to the local police station and let them deal with it. And you did great. CYA

OP
OP
TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did look online to find her. Found two ph#'s...both were not in service.
Today after working my weekend job, I got on the road to make my stops for my business. I went to her house and knocked. No one was home. I left a business card with note.
If no word by Monday, I'll stop at her work and see when she will return. Obviously Tues. will be an off day for her. I hope she's having a good vacation, considering....

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I did look online to find her. Found two ph#'s...both were not in service.
Today after working my weekend job, I got on the road to make my stops for my business. I went to her house and knocked. No one was home. I left a business card with note.
If no word by Monday, I'll stop at her work and see when she will return. Obviously Tues. will be an off day for her. I hope she's having a good vacation, considering....

I think you need to contact the police. Your heart is in the right spot but you have no idea if it was lost because of an abduction or something sinister. I know it is your call but you have to consider you might be in the middle of a crime scene. My 2Β’

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with scuba .........

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda creepy no call yet! hopefully not in the trunk of some creepers car! ??? You might want to call the law enforcement agency who has jurisdiction over her place of residence if she already called them to make make a report of a lost / stolen purse!!

It's awesome to see "great" people still looking out for one another!!!!:icon_thumright:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah ,if you go by her office , and her coworkers haven't seen her , then it obviously becomes a very disturbing situation . If that were the case ( no call, no show at work ) I would be very surprised if law enforcement were not already notified !

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
IMO, if you haven't heard anything by now, call the police. If she hasn't responded she is either missing or dead. A woman's purse is their life. She wouldn't just wait until she came back from vacation or something.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Hoping for a happy ending....

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe your heart is in the right place and you are trying to do the right thing, but hanging onto the purse/cards/cash this long w/o contacting the police could become problematic for you.

Edit to add: I am not, nor have I been in law enforcement so I am not sure of the rules/laws.

Last edited:

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe your heart is in the right place and you are trying to do the right thing, but hanging onto the purse/cards/cash this long w/o contacting the police could become problematic for you.

Edit to add: I am not, nor have I been in law enforcement so I am not sure of the rules/laws.

Agreed....probably the wallet's owner is away for the holiday weekend, but turning it in now is a good idea.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Returned a few wallets and purses over the years to the owners. Some were grateful and other looked upon me like I was the reason for their loss. The funnest one was a purse that had everything still in it except for cash. I called up the real estate broker, and told her that I had found the purse while detecting in a ravine at a large park. She told me that it was smash and grab from her car a few years prior. We agreed to meet at a local coffee shop, I could tell that she was somewhat uneasy about the return. I was courteous and declined a small reward she had offered, on that she was gone like a shot. I chucked to myself that there must of been a dozen condom packs in the bottom of the purse.:)
This is # 31 which mention condom packs.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope everything works out for you, you are just trying to do the right thing and for that we all applaud you.

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO, if you haven't heard anything by now, call the police. If she hasn't responded she is either missing or dead. A woman's purse is their life. She wouldn't just wait until she came back from vacation or something.

This is the truth! I know that I wouldn't. Hope she is alright and thank you for your honesty.

cgdigger

Feb 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She's lucky you found it. Max credit to you for being an honest person and doing the right thing here. Hope some good karma comes your way as a result!

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Any updates im concerned here...

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Any updates im concerned here...

No need to be concerned. The OP is doing what he feels is the right approach. Nothing we can do or say will change whatever outcome will be. Sometimes it is just best to let things go that are totally out of your hands to deal with.

pepperdawg

Dec 25, 2014
North-Central CT
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO; Garrett-Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure there's no silver or wheat mixed in with the clad before you give it back :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread