Dec 24, 2007
CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the delay guys. SUCCESS. I called her work again this morning and talked to her dispatcher. He already knew that the purse was missing (she called everyone she knew, CTSP, etc), and was very grateful for my diligence at finding the owner. He said "good" calls don't often come into their office. The message was relayed within two minutes and she was on the phone with me. As I assumed, she left it on her car after getting gas and went to New Hampshire for the weekend. She says she didn't realize until she reached for it in NH. Then cried the rest of the trip, knowing that very personal info was in it (and that she should know better considering the job she does). They are on their way back and are in Maine at the moment. She will call again when they hit the CT line and come to me or I will meet them.
As it turns out, going to her house would have been unproductive to a point. She doesn't live there anymore, but the people do know her.
If she will allow a picture to be taken, I'll post it up later.
Thank you all for following, the well wishes for her safety and the return of purse.

Last edited:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the delay guys. SUCCESS. I called her work again this morning and talked to her dispatcher. He already knew that the purse was missing (she called everyone she knew, CTSP, etc), and was very grateful for my diligence at finding the owner. He said "good" calls don't often come into their office. The message was relayed within two minutes and she was on the phone with me. As I assumed, she left it on her car after getting gas and went to New Hampshire for the weekend. She says she didn't realize until she reached for it in NH. Then cried the rest of the trip, knowing that very personal info was in it (and that she should know better considering the job she does). They are on their way back and are in Maine at the moment. She will call again when they hit the CT line and come to me or I will meet them.
As it turns out, going to her house would have been unproductive to a point. She doesn't live there anymore, but the people do know her.
If she will allow a picture to be taken, I'll post it up later.
Thank you all for following, the well wishes for her safety and the return of purse.

So glad to hear this all worked out. Thanks for being proof that there is good in this world, I'm sure she was relieved!

Honourable mention!

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work!
BTW...great username....most people that have too many hobbies (not speaking for you) can rarely afford to have the "top of the line" everything. Hope Karma tips your way and you can upgrade whatever needs it. ��

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
No need to be concerned. The OP is doing what he feels is the right approach. Nothing we can do or say will change whatever outcome will be. Sometimes it is just best to let things go that are totally out of your hands to deal with.

I was concerned for the person that lost the purse. I was suspecting the worst.

decoy218

Feb 20, 2013
Va
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, XP Deus, Minelab GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats contacting her and soon to be return. Honorable mention on the way.

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great work! You can parlay this into a jurisdiction wide permission, I would.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you hear the applause from NY?

OP
OP
TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The purse was returned to one grateful lady and family. For some reason I can edit all of my posts accept for my first one so I'll add the "money shot" here. Have a safe and happy 4th all.

P7031050.JPG

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome stuff. A silver or gold is coming your way for that!

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
GREAT JOB!!! May the hair on your toes, never fall out!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!
Well done!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. That was a worrisome couple of days knowing what all is going on now days. I am glad for a happy ending to this story.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The purse was returned to one grateful lady and family. For some reason I can edit all of my posts accept for my first one so I'll add the "money shot" here. Have a safe and happy 4th all.

View attachment 1468074

Good news.

The reason you can't update your post is because Tnet made a stupid 48hr rule which freezes out the ability to correct mistakes & makes updates. By far the worst decision I have seen on this site, I nearly left over it, I like accuracy.

The way around it is to PM Jeff of PA (see info below from Jeff) & he will do the changes;

''You can send Direct to me at

[email protected]

Or post in

Everything Else

and after I copy them I can delete''

Last edited:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Good news.

The reason you can't update your post is because Tnet made a stupid 48hr rule which freezes out the ability to correct mistakes & makes updates. By far the worst decision I have seen on this site, I nearly left over it, I like accuracy.

The way around it is to PM Jeff of PA (see info below from Jeff) & he will do the changes;

''You can send Direct to me at

[email protected]

Or post in

Everything Else

and after I copy them I can delete''

Sometimes we think something was done that is absolutely stupid, but the reasoning behind it is something we don't understand.

I heard the reason was when people get angry for one reason or another, they take it out on the site and delete all the threads they can that they have posted or the comments they have made in the past. There is probably no answer that will appease everyone, so they made a rule that works for the site as they see fit to run it. No harm in trying to protect their investment.

I have had to email Jeff when I make a mistake in the heading and it has drove me batty that I can't correct it myself. However, he has always fixed them for me.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes we think something was done that is absolutely stupid, but the reasoning behind it is something we don't understand.

I heard the reason was when people get angry for one reason or another, they take it out on the site and delete all the threads they can that they have posted or the comments they have made in the past. There is probably no answer that will appease everyone, so they made a rule that works for the site as they see fit to run it. No harm in trying to protect their investment.

I have had to email Jeff when I make a mistake in the heading and it has drove me batty that I can't correct it myself. However, he has always fixed them for me.
I know the reason, still many other options that wouldn't annoy half the regulars. It will stop some investment, because I won't re-new my Charter Membership.
Anyway, this post is about the OP's excellent effort, which by the way should go at the top of the page. Maybe Jeff will sort.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread