What's new

Found a Really interesting 1865 Seated Liberty Half Dollar/ 1901 Morgan Dollar

ringfinder

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,753
Reaction score
57
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are my finds from yesterday. My first coin I found yesterday, just about knocked me for a loop. It was a 1865 Seated Half Dollar and on the back of it was a Masonic symbol. Beats me what the heck it is, but I love it. Found it at a one room school house site, that my partner and I have hunted a ton of times. My buddy found a shielded nickel, but lost it somewhere in the field. Guess we will have to find that one after the crops are off this fall.

We went to another One Room school house that we had hunted many, many times. I found two V-nickels, 1901 & 1910, a Mercury Dime, 1942 D, two wheat pennies, 1912 and 1942, some sort of lead bullet, and a bunch of buttons, one of them being a Eagle button. Kinda of think the Eagle might be a War of 1812, not sure.

Not to be outdone, my hunting partner pulled out a 1901 Morgan Silver Dollar in really good shape from the last one room school house site!

The day before I found a arrowhead and a stone knife and a couple of pre-form indian relics. Can't wait for some more rain. It is really dry here in Ohio.

Here is another example of a site is never hunted out!!

All of our finds were found using a Minelab X-terra 70, awesome detector.


HH, Ringfinder
 

Attachments

  • Best Standing Liberty.webp
    Best Standing Liberty.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 3,213
  • Best Standing Liberty.Back.webp
    Best Standing Liberty.Back.webp
    61.2 KB · Views: 3,184
  • My finds from Today.webp
    My finds from Today.webp
    63.1 KB · Views: 3,196
  • Gary holding dollar.webp
    Gary holding dollar.webp
    114.4 KB · Views: 3,243
  • close up of dollar.webp
    close up of dollar.webp
    122.5 KB · Views: 3,135
  • Back of Silver dollar.webp
    Back of Silver dollar.webp
    128.2 KB · Views: 3,492
Upvote 0
That half is most excellent.I bet that dollar about blew his ear bones out.
I also vote banner. Jimbob
 
Awesome finds. That half is really unique.
Dman
 
it is a masonic symbol but no great secret maybe that was part of the templars riches????????? nice i would love to have found that old ,, silver,,masonic,, wait thats me??????????
 
jimbob450 said:
That half is most excellent.I bet that dollar about blew his ear bones out.
I also vote banner. Jimbob

Thanks Jim, guess it really isn't that special, it never made the banner!!! But I love it, to me the 1865 Seated Half dollar is very special to me. If it could only talk. You wonder
how it ended up at a one room school house, now a corn field. It has some scratches on it, because it was only a few inches in the ground.

Thanks Again for voting for my find for the Banner.

HH, Ringfinder
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom