What's new

Found a third one of these the other day...

BuckleBoy

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
18,159
Reaction score
9,723
Golden Thread
4
Location
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They three came from three different old homesteads. They are brass, and had an iron piece that came out of the flat end. Are they thumbtacks? I have no idea when thumbtacks came about, or if that's what these are...

Any ideas?


A 006.webp


A 001-1.webp


A 002-1.webp


A 003.webp
 
Antique / vintage push-pins ???
 
Upvote 0
I don't think rivet or shirt stud... to thick.

Sure could be a push pin! Or... a wire terminal type deal?

I have no idea.
 
Upvote 0
kenley said:
I am guessing harness rivits. The leather has rotted away.

I find plenty of pack stud rivets, but they look different than these pieces do:


indexCA3TA7PW.webp



Mojjax and Jim, it could be that these are push pins. I just didn't know how far back pushpins dated. Thank you both for your help.


Best Wishes,



Buckles
 

Attachments

  • indexCA3TA7PW.webp
    indexCA3TA7PW.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0
La Beep said:
Drawer pull

Now that is an interesting idea...


A nail point on one side, and it is hammered into the wood of a small drawer. :icon_sunny:


I'm going to see if I can find a photo somewhere.


-Buckles
 
Upvote 0
I am thinking drawer pulls. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
La Beep said:
Drawer pull

possible.could have had a threaded screw on the end that rusted way
TnMtns
 
Upvote 0
They be drawer pulls. I find lots of furniture hardware. The give away is the rusted away iron screw used to attach them.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
I'm sold on the drawer pull ID.  It makes more sense with the types of sites they are found at, and the time frame of those sites.  I also find a good many other types of drawer pulls.


Nice work, folks!  And thank you all again. 


This one is SOLVED  :)


:thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
buttons (studs) from old button/hook shoes?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Drawer pulls of little desk drawers I guess. Ill have to look at my antique desk.
 
Upvote 0
Pretty sure their drawer pulls. I was poking around an old cracker house awhile back and found some old furniture broken up out back. I have a few pieces of the wood because of some carved designs on it and they have some in them.

Deepsix
 
Upvote 0
Due to the size I am thinking a desk.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Anchor?
Replies
1
Views
380
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
451

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom