What's new

Found an amazing spot today!

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
4,180
Golden Thread
0
Location
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine this: Every morning on your way to work, you notice more and more piles of topsoil appearing on a lot that is close to two acres....... Finally you stop just to look because of course curiosity gets the best of you. First thing you see is literally hundreds of pieces of old bottles sticking out of the piles, second thing you notice is a dumptruck pulling up to drop another load of topsoil. So what then? Well I asked the guy if it would be ok for me to dig around a bit since I like old bottles, he says no problem, and a wonderful new site has opened up for me.

My buddy and I went back there today with detectors in hand and spent a couple hours just scratching the surface but it's looking promising, I didn't find much today, part of an old locket, a brass fire poker handle (I think) and a few button, but as we were leaving, right on the surface was a really nice clay pipe bowl, the first one I've ever found! It's rough going trying to detect huge piles of loose dirt and a bit of an awkward position to swing around in, but I have high hopes for this site! Unfortunately my camera is broken, but I will borrow one tomorrow and post some pics of the place and my finds so far......
 
Nice work finding that area ! You might find some really good relics before you are done detecting that spot.
I'll look for the photos when you get them posted .

Thanks
 
I had that happen,I was sittin downtown watchin and waitin on the guys to leave...and these trucks were haulin dirt away....so i figured wth I followed them and man it was gold mine city,I talked to the guy that ran the dump site and he was cool....that was 9yrs ago and I still hunt that place...thats the reason I SAY FOLLOW THE TRUCKS
 
Cool site!

It'd also be nice to know where they were getting all that dirt from too :)
 
Probably from some of the old levee's that collapsed during Katrina.......NGE
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom