2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is marked CNC Los Angeles Japan on the foil sticker. Short stumpy arms and 6.25" tall. Looks like terra cotta?? My first thought was a tiki type figurine. It was .50c so I just bought it and figured I'd research later. I've looked several different times with no comparable around. I'd like to list it on eBay. Does anyone have any keywords that come to mind that I could use to research it or list it?? Thanks!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479570088.100261.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479570101.252673.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479570110.657321.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479570117.843630.jpg

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Polynesian sex goddess?

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of years ago, TNet member diggummup correctly identified some figurines I found as Hawaiian 'Menehune' figurines. This name might also apply to your figurine. Here is a similarly styled plastic figure on eBay for comparison:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479573468.182667.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of years ago, TNet member diggummup correctly identified some figurines I found as Hawaiian 'Menehune' figurines. This name might also apply to your figurine. Here is a similarly styled plastic figure on eBay for comparison:
View attachment 1382887

Thank you, Menehune seems to fit my figurine, awesome. What is the thing around the waist called? And where has Diggummup been?? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1479576392.459365.jpg

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem. I wasn't 100% sure, but I figure it can't hurt throwing Menehune and tiki in your listing title.

On the other examples of Menehunes on this thread, I would call that thing around the waist a loincloth, or a sarong. On yours, though, I'm at a loss. Looks just like a belt with tassels. No real coverage.

As far as diggummup goes, I've been wondering the same thing. Maybe the winter months mean no sales in his part of the country? Hopefully he'll chime in and let us know he's alive and well.

EagleRidge

May 13, 2009
1960s again. Not sure what the first C is for. The others would be "Novelty Company". It would be an importer based out of Los Angeles. Menehune would be correct.

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great info EagleRidge. It seems that the first 'C' stands for 'Centennial'. There are a lot of online listings attributing CNC to Centennial Novelty Company.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as diggummup goes, I've been wondering the same thing. Maybe the winter months mean no sales in his part of the country? Hopefully he'll chime in and let us know he's alive and well.

Probably just a bit burnt out. Winter months are better for sales in his neck of the woods, during the summer it's all heat and humidity.

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just hope he"s not MIA due to the hurricane that hit down there a while back.

Thank you Mackaydon, never heard of breech clout.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem. I wasn't 100% sure, but I figure it can't hurt throwing Menehune and tiki in your listing title.

On the other examples of Menehunes on this thread, I would call that thing around the waist a loincloth, or a sarong. On yours, though, I'm at a loss. Looks just like a belt with tassels. No real coverage.

I'm still here and doing okay. Been really busy at work for the last couple months or so working nights on a large dept. store remodel. That's finally done. Sales are everywhere this time of year down here, just haven't been going. Trying to pack and move takes up the rest of my time lately. House hunting sucks, still looking. Once relocated, I'll be back at it though.

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still here and doing okay. Been really busy at work for the last couple months or so working nights on a large dept. store remodel. That's finally done. Sales are everywhere this time of year down here, just haven't been going. Trying to pack and move takes up the rest of my time lately. House hunting sucks, still looking. Once relocated, I'll be back at it though.

Glad you are ok. Good luck with the moving and house hunting. Life gets so busy at times.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No words?! Kitschy kool.

Top Member Reactions