What's new

found at a 1700s house DEEP what is it

bootybay

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2007
Messages
11,317
Reaction score
122
Golden Thread
1
Location
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

I found this at a 1700's house way in the back it was buried deep ( 8 inches) inbetween huge tree roots... First, I have no clue on the proper way to clean it..so I dont want to ruin it.... it looks like a belt thingy but I could be wrong so if anyone can tell me how to clean this without ruining it..and what the heck it is...it would be greatly appreciated... It kinda looks like yellowish or copper colored, that could be the rust too...so any input is greatly appreciated...
 

Attachments

  • front.webp
    front.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,898
  • back.webp
    back.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,917
  • side.webp
    side.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,871
Upvote 0
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

It looks like a rosette from a horse bridle
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

yup, thats it

HH
-GC
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

wow! :o very cool relic bootybay! probably 200+ years old!
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

omg are you kidding me.... I FOUND A RELIC.... how do I clean it..OMG pass the salts....are you guys sure?? its so dirty, I cant tell if theres markings on the back or not... omg omg omg pick my sorry ole dirt diggin butt up off the floor....

how do I find more info on this ..like age of it and all.... am so thrilled
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

Nice. I was about to say sash or beat buckle, but Gypsy is more than likely right.

Nice find.

Ken
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

omg am balling my eyes out..I finally found something NEAT and something OLD... I wonder how old it is... omg I am so very proud of myself... you have no clue.... FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY oh man here I go again...
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

Around the 1860's.

YEE HAW!!!
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

rae,
WTG. Great find. To get started with the cleaning process soak it in olive oil for a several days and see what that does. Do not use any kind of cleaner or polish on this item. A good long soak will get things started.
The next thing to do is get back out there and find some more great stuff. HH
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

oh you can bet I am going back there..YIPPIE I am literally bouncing off the walls.... holey moley
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

LOL :D Congrats on a neat artifact. Keep swinging!!

HH, Moon
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

very cool find bootybay ! a big congrats and goodluck on finding more ;)
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

Neat find. Probably more stuff like it out there.

Have fun looking.

It's not what you do but how you do it and fun is the best possible way.

Congrats on the relic

Sanat
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

SUPER FIND!! Way to go!
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

Did you find that with your M6??? :o :o

That is cool relic. It does look like a rosette from a horse bridle. :)

Congrats!!!!!!! ;D ;D
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

yeppers with the m6, it rang up as a quarter too.. my dfx is due in anyday now...
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

I'm surprised you not excited??? ;D ;D Sweet find and congrats on a nice relic!! Hope to see more from there!!
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

Jeez boots... watching you get this excited is what I enjoy about seeing these posts!

That rossette is an awesome find! WTG!!!
 
Re: found at a 1700's house DEEP what is it

holey moley, Excited..nawwwwwwww..lets see, I just bought waterproof insulated boots, 36 hand warmers and a new fanny pack, 14 inches long. holds the water bottle and cell phone and 4 zip pockets..Man I am so ready for the cold.... look out...I am super super syked... I look like gi joe bootybay...lmao... may hit the beach too depending upon weather.... dang I am super wound up and super thrilled and gonna go get em... silver too is what I want too...oh hell, I want it all....lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom