What's new

Found in 4 feet of water...looks like a pipe?

copierkat

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 10, 2007
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Scooped up water detecting in about 4 feet of water in a Minnesota lake. It is approx 4 inches long and kind of on the heavy side. Patented July 4, 1916, but cannot find anything by Googling it. It is non-magnetic. The "bowl" looks like it may unscrew, but it is froze tight. May be filled with dirt/sand. The shaft part is hollow, like a pipe. Ideas?
 

Attachments

  • Pipe2..webp
    Pipe2..webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 665
  • Pipe1..webp
    Pipe1..webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 651
  • pipe3.webp
    pipe3.webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 646
Good job BC, I went over all the patents from that date and had no luck.
 
Upvote 0
DigEmAll said:
DigEmAll said:
Tire Gage

Errr... oops. I said Gage... I meant chuck... but I guess that is irrelavent at this point. At least I got the rest of you guys going in the right dirrection.
;D ;D ;D
Yes you did. :icon_thumright: If you posted a pic it would have been over. I was about to give up on a tire gauge/chuck idea because it wouldnt come up on patents. I searched all the airchuck/gauge related patents from july 4, 1916 and it wasnt there. What solved it for me was when I realized the fourth letter was not a "C." With the correct letters all I had to do was google it.
 
Upvote 0
Copiercat,

Go back to your original post,

Click on Modify,

Click on Message icon down arrow,

Click on Solved,

The Green Check will appear. solved check.gif
 

Attachments

  • solved check.gif
    solved check.gif
    589 bytes · Views: 232
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom