What's new

Found in 4 feet of water...looks like a pipe?

copierkat

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 10, 2007
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Scooped up water detecting in about 4 feet of water in a Minnesota lake. It is approx 4 inches long and kind of on the heavy side. Patented July 4, 1916, but cannot find anything by Googling it. It is non-magnetic. The "bowl" looks like it may unscrew, but it is froze tight. May be filled with dirt/sand. The shaft part is hollow, like a pipe. Ideas?
 

Attachments

  • Pipe2..webp
    Pipe2..webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 665
  • Pipe1..webp
    Pipe1..webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 651
  • pipe3.webp
    pipe3.webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 646
DigEmAll said:
Tire Gage
I actually found a Schraders Tire Gauge last year in another MN lake.
 

Attachments

  • Schrader Tire Gauge.webp
    Schrader Tire Gauge.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 646
Upvote 0
There are too many patents on July 4, 1916. I tried key words, brass, tire, gauge, air hose, steam, boat, romcrt, pipe and fitting but cant find it in the July 4 patents..

The knurling must be to hand tighten. The other end appears to fit 3 different hose sizes.
 
Upvote 0
The first thing I thought of was illegal, So it doesn't count I guess :laughing7: :laughing7:
Didn't think they made those back then :tongue3: :tongue3:


Tim
 
Upvote 0
pass that over here
 
Upvote 0
It is for filling tires with air.

It is a high pressure air hose fitting.

Happy Hunting,

Tabdog
 
Upvote 0
Have you cleaned the inside yet?

I think it is for gas also.

I'll have to go look at some of my pops old fittings.
 
Upvote 0
The three different size pipe ends are to fit a rubber hose. Maybe that is the patent. I was curious to know when reinforced rubber hose was invented and I found the patent. Chicago Electric Wire Co was the exclusive supplier of this patented hose from 1896-1917.
I think this is solvable by searching the patents but there were many issued on that date.
 

Attachments

  • patent rubber hose chicago electric wire.webp
    patent rubber hose chicago electric wire.webp
    66.3 KB · Views: 514
Upvote 0
tabdog said:
It is for filling tires with air.

It is a high pressure air hose fitting.

Happy Hunting,

Tabdog
If you search long enough, you will find it and I couldnt believe that we couldnt find a match even with a patent number. As it turns out tabdog is correct and I have found the proof.

Its NOT ROMCRT. Its ROMORT Manufacturing Company and they made air stations, chucks, hose fittings, blow guns, water faucets, radiator water bibs, motor cleaning guns, and a Romorts version of the quick coupler.
 

Attachments

  • air station romort-ad-4-20-001.webp
    air station romort-ad-4-20-001.webp
    17 KB · Views: 464
  • air chuck romort-ad-1921.webp
    air chuck romort-ad-1921.webp
    17 KB · Views: 495
Upvote 0
And here it is in this 1916 automotive book:

Read about style "B" under Romart Air Valves on the left side of page and pic in middle bottom. Price $1.00 with the universal step-up stem.
 

Attachments

  • air valves and coupling ROMART 1916.webp
    air valves and coupling ROMART 1916.webp
    108.4 KB · Views: 444
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
And here it is in this 1916 automotive book:

Read about style "B" under Romart Air Valves on the left side of page and pic in middle bottom. Price $1.00 with the universal step-up stem.

Well done! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
:icon_thumright: Cool relic and great ID:icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
And here it is in this 1916 automotive book:

Read about style "B" under Romart Air Valves on the left side of page and pic in middle bottom. Price $1.00 with the universal step-up stem.
Wow, bigcypresshunter you are amazing! Thanks for the ID! Thanks to all who helped... a few others were correct too. Great job!!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom