Found in a Football Field...What Are They?

How many people think these are Gong gi stones

• I'm sure they are

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could be, but need more info

• Don't think they are

• Undecided

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
bigcypresshunter said:
ToddB64 said:
jeff of pa said:
Let's stay on Topic Please.

We Know what they are made to Look like.

Now let's Find out what the Package they
came in looks like & Says on it :wink:

Jeff,
Re your above (colored red), good logical statement ! Exactly what I was about to post.

ToddB64 ;D
Absolutely. I agree 100 percent.

The part I object to is calling this a "mystery". Talk like that, can set the thread back 5 pages LOL. We worked to hard to get here. There is nothing mysterious about them anymore. They are no longer a "What Is It" and besides, the green check has been posted. They are now a "What Does the Package Look Like." Im sure if someone finds a package, or an exact match, they will post it. :)

Did Dave (Piggman1) initiate the green check mark and say "this check mark denotes acceptable proof has been received", or words to that effect ?

ToddB64

GoodyGuy said:
Does anyone know if a found notice in the local Newspaper was ever published?
Perhaps that could locate the original owner for a first hand ID and maybe that person still has the original package. :icon_scratch:

If not maybe a notarized letter from the manufacturer accompanied by photos and sworn testimony of all involved in their production along with an interview of the person who lost them would suffice in lieu of the packaging. :dontknow:

In the future it may be mandatory that every item ID'ed on Treasurenet be accompanied by a photo of it in it's original package in order to be green checked.

GG~

Common now GG

if somone posted a Bottle
& Asked what it was
& somone said Beer Bottle

should they be satisfied ?

if the bottle has a Picture or logo on it,
I'd think they would prefer to know the brand :wink:

jeff of pa said:
GoodyGuy said:
Does anyone know if a found notice in the local Newspaper was ever published?
Perhaps that could locate the original owner for a first hand ID and maybe that person still has the original package. :icon_scratch:

If not maybe a notarized letter from the manufacturer accompanied by photos and sworn testimony of all involved in their production along with an interview of the person who lost them would suffice in lieu of the packaging. :dontknow:

In the future it may be mandatory that every item ID'ed on Treasurenet be accompanied by a photo of it in it's original package in order to be green checked.

GG~

Common now GG

if somone posted a Bottle
& Asked what it was
& somone said Beer Bottle

should they be satisfied ?

I understand Jeff but if the the beer bottle was dated 2002 and made in Korea, you would expect our educated members to lose interest after 12 pages or so.. :D

bigcypresshunter said:
I understand Jeff but if the the beer bottle was dated 2002 and made in Korea, you would expect our educated members to lose interest after 12 pages or so.. :D
[/quote]
educated ? Huh ? By what standard ? :D
The Beverly hillbillies was Edeecated !

Point is do you Green Check
something that isn't ID'd to the posters
Satisfaction ?

Or do you allow them the Respect
to say "I'd like to know More"

Everyone who has ever looked in here & is
Edeecated should be able to remember the Title,
& has the freedom
to pretend there is a Green Check
solved.gif & Ignore this thread. :coffee2:

BTW I never requested Piggman to post the green check and I dont know why he did it. I just object to the referring these items as "rare", "antique", or "mystery". Piggy was misled by the 12 pages into thinking they were valuable. He posted them on eBay with a starting bid of $1000, I believe.

Yes of course we need to respect the poster but we also have an obligation to tell him the truth. He certainly has the right to know the name of the manufacturer. But of course Piggy never requested that. He continued to ramble about seeing new ideas posted. He wanted them to be something else. Maybe he didnt want his 15 minutes of fame to end. :dontknow: He even changed his avatar to that of a man flashing several firearms. I can only imagine it was an attempt to intimidate. I believe the voters also misled him. The poll was started at the beginning before the evidence surfaced.

I think when a post goes over 3 pages, it becomes too much to read. It confuses our educated members. Thats when the same ideas keep being posted over and over in a recurring nightmare. This thread had to be locked down by PBK. I was one of the members that requested to bring it back and I now regret it..

I only ask that we please not refer to these items as antique, rare, valuable or a mystery. Lets dont go backwards. The google database is forever growing and I think that is the best bet for a new package exact match. Of course those that want to write letters can continue to do so. But so far that has failed to produce anything.

I never had any intention of disrespecting Piggy but I feel we must be truthful to him. Maybe he finally realized the problems with this thread and posted the green check.. :dontknow: Or maybe...

Thanks for doing a great job Jeff. :icon_thumright:

I Disagree with one thing .
I Say they are Rare.

So far it looks Like these may be the only
ones still in Existance.

Your right though this dosn't make
them Valuable.

& I don't think it should be checked
till somone Id's the Brand

Can someone answer the question in my post today at 05:39:58PM ? "Did Dave (Piggman1) initiate the green check mark and say the check mark denotes acceptable proof has been received", or words to that effect ? "

Unless the green check mark was initiated by Dave himself, IMHO, the check mark carries no authority in this contest.

ToddB64

no. it looks like a moderator
(not Me)
decided to check mark it

ToddB64 said:
Can someone answer the question in my post today at 05:39:58PM ? "Did Dave (Piggman1) initiate the green check mark and say "this check mark denotes acceptable proof has been received", or words to that effect ? ToddB64 "

ToddB64
As far as I know the green check simply means "SOLVED."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe its certainly solved however I didnt request the green check. But I expected Piggman to admit that Gonjji stones is the best bet and nothing else even comes close. He refused to do that, instead decided I needed to stop posting.. He truly believed that rare translated to valuable and I was ruining everything..

It doesnt sound right calling cheap pot metal Asian souvenirs manufactured in 2002-03 as "rare." I think a more suitable word would be "limited edition." They were probably pulled off the USA market, depicting the Olympic logo without permission. Thats why they are so hard to find.

ToddB64 said:
Unless the green check mark was initiated by Dave, it's meaningless IMHO !

ToddB64
It may be meaningless, Todd, so we all have to try and use our brain. With all due respect, for what purpose would you and Dave want this thread to be unsolved? :evil5:

Do you also think they could be valuable? ???

Re: ...What Are They?

I want the few members that believe this thread is unsolved to think about what they are doing. You are misleading a member who posted here asking for our help.

The question is "Found in a Football Field...What Are They?"

I think it's time for this now ridiculous thread to end, green check or not. What if every post in the "What is it" forum were drawn out to this extent when the item could not be positively ID'd? Most unsolved posts just fade away, which is just what this one should do, solved or not.

bigcypresshunter said:
ToddB64 said:
Unless the green check mark was initiated by Dave, it's meaningless IMHO !

ToddB64
It may be meaningless, Todd, so we all have to try and use our brain. With all due respect, for what purpose would you and Dave want this thread to be unsolved? :evil5:

bigcypresshunter,

My previous post has been Modified, but I didn't change the meaning, just said the same thing with better wording. With me, it's a matter of pride in workmanship......a good percentage of the world has the opportunity to read what we say, so I want my posts to be as well written as I can make them, albeit this goal is not always met. :wink:

With all due respect, for what purpose would you and Dave want this thread to be unsolved? :evil5:

I haven't talked to Dave recently in regard to the above question, but with that qualification, my honest answer is that we don't believe anyone has shown proof with all conditions met.
Personally, I've not seen or read anything in this thread where Dave has agreed that the contest has been solved (read his proof conditions were met.). It's not right for any member, or website official for that matter, to take it into their own hands and make the decision that conditions were met and the contest is solved , including the arbitrary use of a green check mark to back their position.

The conditions for winning were clearly stated early-on and repeated numerous times by Dave and no one has met all of those conditions as far as I can see. The fact that this thread is still running after approximately 3-1/2 years and the website hasn't shut it down, is proof that it is a fair and valid challenge for the membership to work on.

Intrinsically no, since it appears no precious metals were used in the creation and the condition is generally fair to poor, so collector value would be slim to none IMHO.

ToddB64 :)

jeff of pa said:
(not Me)
decided to check mark it

Hi Jeff,

I would like to see the post (if it exists) where the green check mark was first introduced, by whom and it's meaning when used in the context of the thread.

If it was presented with a post, it should be retrievable using key words in the SEARCH window.
I tried using "Green Check Mark", but that produced a list of current posts !
Can you suggest some better key words for me to try, or another method to access the post, if a post exists ?

Hummmmm.....Just before clicking on the SAVE button for this post I remembered seeing a large green check mark on this page and went back to the post by SODABOTTLEBOB, dated Aug. 15, 2010, 01:41:34 PM to give it another look. Do you think this could have been the first time the check mark idea was presented, in your opinion ?

Thanks,

ToddB64 said:

Intrinsically no, since it appears no precious metals were used in the creation and the condition is generally fair to poor, so collector value would be slim to none IMHO.

Since when does a collectors item have to be a precious metal to be valuable? This statement makes me shake my head. :icon_scratch:

ToddB64 said:
I haven't talked to Dave recently in regard to the above question, but with that qualification, my honest answer is that we don't believe anyone has shown proof with all conditions met.
Personally, I've not seen or read anything in this thread where Dave has agreed that the contest has been solved (read his proof conditions were met.). It's not right for any member, or website official for that matter, to take it into their own hands and make the decision that conditions were met and the contest is solved , including the arbitrary use of a green check mark to back their position.

The conditions for winning were clearly stated early-on and repeated numerous times by Dave and no one has met all of those conditions as far as I can see. The fact that this thread is still running after approximately 3-1/2 years and the website hasn't shut it down, is proof that it is a fair and valid challenge for the membership to work on.

The question remains at the top of this forum - "What Is It?" and at the top of each thread "...What Are They?" As far as the contest conditions go, Piggman already stated that he will no longer pay the winner. There is NO CONTEST!

As far as the length, members cant read all 12 pages and consequently they dont have all the facts. As far as being shut down, if you recall it was locked down by PBK. I started a petition to bring it back.

Todd, the green check doesnt mean that everyone has to stop searching. It doesnt mean that we have found an exact new in the package match. It merely means that the items in question are no longer a mystery.

ToddB64 said:
Hummmmm.....Just before clicking on the SAVE button for this post I remembered seeing a large green check mark on this page and went back to the post by SODABOTTLEBOB, dated Aug. 15, 2010, 01:41:34 PM to give it another look. Do you think this could have been the first time the check mark idea was presented, in your opinion ?Thanks,
You must be joking. (shaking head again).

I know the question was not directed at me and its a lot to read but here is when the contest was first solved back in August 2007, on page 4, by the Korean girl. The contest conditions were then abruptly changed and she wasnt paid the reward. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,91892.msg748670.html#msg748670

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I vote to purge all unnecessary posts, remove this entire thread from TN, or place it back in lockdown. Its just too much to read and even members that participated seem to be confused.

ToddB64 said:
jeff of pa said:
(not Me)
decided to check mark it

Hi Jeff,

I would like to see the post (if it exists) where the green check mark was first introduced, by whom and it's meaning when used in the context of the thread.

If it was presented with a post, it should be retrievable using key words in the SEARCH window.
I tried using "Green Check Mark", but that produced a list of current posts !
Can you suggest some better key words for me to try, or another method to access the post, if a post exists ?

Hummmmm.....Just before clicking on the SAVE button for this post I remembered seeing a large green check mark on this page and went back to the post by SODABOTTLEBOB, dated Aug. 15, 2010, 01:41:34 PM to give it another look. Do you think this could have been the first time the check mark idea was presented, in your opinion ?

Thanks,

no post exists that I see

you need to go to the very first post
on the very first page .

On the Left you will see a little Clock clock.gif

if you hold your arrow over it you
will see last Edit Info

bigcypresshunter said:
I vote to purge all unnecessary posts, remove this entire thread from TN, or place it back in lockdown. Its just too much to read and even members that participated seem to be confused.

again I Disagree, simply because
I would hope one day somone will see this thread
& Realize they have some.

Even 1 found at another place, would be nice
to see.

If this thread were locked it would eventually
Move down the list into Oblivian.

Plus since Piggman is a Member here & Hasn't broken
any rules I See, Why punish him ?

As I Said earlier, Everyone here Knows the Title

" Found in a Football Field...What Are They? "

They don't need to Click on it & Read :wink:

I didn't "GREEN CHECK" it. As far as I am concerned, and the poll, neither are a lot of other people convienced it has been solved.
As far as Big Cy goes, I thought we agreed to keep our noses out of this so new ideas might come in without being stomped all over. I've kept my part, why can't you? Please step out of this if you can't let something from someone new be said. I'm stepping back out, I hope you can do the same.

The only way to win that would be find an exact set to prove the winner, and that's what we've looked for all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back