Found in a Football Field...What Are They?

How many people think these are Gong gi stones

• I'm sure they are

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could be, but need more info

• Don't think they are

• Undecided

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
bigcypresshunter said:
Even though many voters were confused (Allen was a good example), the majority still voted positive.

39.7 % are sure or believe they could be
29 % dont think they are
30.8 % are undecided

Many of these votes came in early before the new evidence.

Piggman, with all due respect (and I mean it!) -- can you put us out of our misery and stamp this baby green? For me the only confusion at this point is why it hasn't been marked solved. And, yes, I've read all 14/13 pages. :icon_thumright:

I think the only way to kill this thread is if we can find an exact duplicate still in the factory packaging. So now everyone, start heading out to garage sales, flea markets, swap meets, Salvation Army stores and Goodwill stores. With enough of us looking we should find a match. I mean they were made of metal so that tells me that there should be more then one set of them out there.

Somewhere some place there has got to be a set still in the packaging. People here in America collect everything, there's got to be a collector of these things that would have some in a new package, right? Maybe wishful thinking.

When I hold my head to the left.. And cross my eyes.. I can see a clear 123 on the bottom of em! JK JK. :icon_scratch:

I agree that is what they resemble, and maybe what they are, but NO ONE has proven it yet. Only guessing by shape.

I keep thinking this post is dead, then up it pops again.
I agree with Sodabottlebob, let it die. Some things never get that 100% proof photo ID. Then again, it is not always needed.
OP Can't see the forest for the trees.

Limited edition replacement knobs for the Excalibur II. ;D

Awesome to know this is solved!! Not your ordinary set of Gonggi stones, but well researched and the closest we'll probably get to a definitive ID.

Scott (Mich) said:
I think the only way to kill this thread is if we can find an exact duplicate still in the factory packaging. So now everyone, start heading out to garage sales, flea markets, swap meets, Salvation Army stores and Goodwill stores. With enough of us looking we should find a match. I mean they were made of metal so that tells me that there should be more then one set of them out there.

Somewhere some place there has got to be a set still in the packaging. People here in America collect everything, there's got to be a collector of these things that would have some in a new package, right? Maybe wishful thinking.

Greetings my friends !

I agree with Scott wholeheartedly and would like to see this mystery solved in a manner that meets Piggman1's requirements 100% !

In our search for ACTUAL proof, I'm willing to try almost anything ! :tongue3:

Attached is a copy of an inquiry I sent to the WarholStore (Andy Warhol), using their Contact form.

You can browse the following Website (hyperlinked): http://www.warholstore.com/ and if you wish to send them a message, click "Contact the shop" at the top-right of the page in the orange area. Also, there are lots of Links providing a mix of subjects dealing with Warhol if you are interested. Just enter "Andy Warhol" in the search window of your computer.

Since Piggman1 is still waiting for "Actual proof ", as indicated in his post Oct. 09, 2009, 11:59:36 AM,
and I assume the serious T'Net members have exhausted all logical search avenues, maybe it's time to go outside the box and try some different approaches. If anyone has already checked with the Warhol people, what did they say ?

Some of you might also want to investigate the websites of Antique Road Show and/or American Pickers. Not sure about American Pickers, but as I'm sure you're aware, you can attend the American Road Show and by all means take along a picture of the "Piggnuts" to discuss with collectors and maybe obtain some good leads while enjoying the show !

When and if I receive a reply from WarholStore, I'll post the outcome on this thread.

Please don't give up on this challenge folks........let's crack this Piggnut ! :thumbsup:

Todd

Attachments

• Inquiry sent to WarholStore.com re Gongi Stones.jpg
    Inquiry sent to WarholStore.com re Gongi Stones.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 787
  • Inquiry sent to WarholStore.com re Gongi Stones.jpg
    Inquiry sent to WarholStore.com re Gongi Stones.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 784
ToddB64 said:
Some of you might also want to investigate the websites of Antique Road Show and/or American Pickers. Not sure about American Pickers, but as I'm sure you're aware, you can attend the American Road Show and by all means take along a picture of the "Piggnuts" to discuss with collectors and maybe obtain some good leads while enjoying the show !

Todd
Why do you think Antique Roadshow or American Pickers would have anything to do with a Korean childrens game thats dated 2002? ??? ...or any American collector? :icon_scratch:

Hello Todd, I was thinking besides being foreign that its not old enough to be collectible. But maybe someone collects modern games. :dontknow: I just dont think it would be Antiques Roadshow or American Pickers...

In case you missed it, the widgets were IDed as Korean Sports Jackstones. We found Gonj ji packages with the Olympic logo, an exact racecar, and some other images. The jacks were plastic however. We dont know how many of these pot metal stones were produced in 2002... but who cares? I pulled my posts and so did many others, shortening this thread by several pages, when it turned ugly. Shortly afterward, up popped the green check mysteriously.

The thread is basically solved but an exact 2002 copy has not been found although a girl appeared to be playing with a copper colored set in a video.

You can continue searching if you wish but so much is missing already that this this thread can no longer be taken seriously. This was a very interesting curiosity piece until the Korean girl recognized these as Gonj ji stones and SWR put the last nail in the coffin with the Olympic logo Jackstone packages. Sports Jackstones is not an antique and should not be considered as such.

ADDED: Im responding to a post thats no longer here. ;D

bigcypresshunter said:
ToddB64 said:

Todd

author=bigcypresshunter link=topic=91892.msg2625353#msg2625353 date=1291943693]

Why do you think Antique Roadshow or American Pickers would have anything to do with a Korean children's game that's dated 2002? ??? ...or any American collector? :icon_scratch:

Re the Antique Road Show, I was just going on the premise that having an opportunity to show a large group of collectors a picture of the "Piggnuts" might enable one to gather some good leads that would eventually locate a package of "Actual proof ". Some collectors have one specific interest, for example antique wooden furniture of excellent quality. Others are more diversified and collect a range of unrelated items. People in both of these groups might be attending the Antique Road Show. I think the chances of getting some good leads from a large condensed group of people who share a common interest (Collecting things) are better than average.

Re the American Pickers, if you watch the TV show, you know those two guys scratch and claw out of sellers building(s) everything they think can bring a good profit, including unusual and/or attractive children's toys and games. As for the sellers, their collections are very diverse, as most go to flea markets, etc. every weekend or more. So the Pickers encounter everything you can imagine !

Over the many years, America has attracted people from all over the world, including Koreans, who would be interested in and may already own a Gongi-Stone game for their children. There's always the chance of meeting a member of a Korean family at an Antique Road Show, or someone there who knows a Korean family and could help you connect with them.

Todd :)

ToddB64 said:
I agree with Scott wholeheartedly and would like to see this mystery solved in a manner that meets Piggman1's requirements 100% !

In our search for ACTUAL proof, I'm willing to try almost anything ! :tongue3:
Sure you can keep trying but there really is no mystery. Its simply a limited edition Korean game of jacks depicting sports in general.

Most people would have said thank you to SWR for finding the Sports Jackstone pics.

Attachments

• jackstone olympic logo.jpg
    jackstone olympic logo.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 710
  • jackstone racecar.jpg
    jackstone racecar.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 700
  • jackstone olympic logo.jpg
    jackstone olympic logo.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 698
  • jackstone racecar.jpg
    jackstone racecar.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 688
  • world cup korea.jpg
    world cup korea.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 672
BioProfessor said:
Sorry. I meant to say Octagonal. I'm packing to leave Amsterdam right now and a little braindead.

Oopps.

Daryl

You're doing it in the wrong order; first you go to Amsterdam, then you visit a "cafe", then you get brain dead.

heres what they are --trouble lots and lots of trouble. --the post that will not die.

Let's stay on Topic Please.

We Know what they are made to Look like.

Now let's Find out what the Package they
came in looks like & Says on it :wink:

jeff of pa said:

Jeff,
Re your above (colored red), good logical statement ! Exactly what I was about to post.

ToddB64 ;D

ToddB64 said:
jeff of pa said:

Jeff,
Re your above (colored red), good logical statement ! Exactly what I was about to post.

ToddB64 ;D
Absolutely. I agree 100 percent.

The part I object to is calling this a "mystery". Talk like that, can set the thread back 5 pages LOL. We worked to hard to get here. There is nothing mysterious about them anymore. They are no longer a "What Is It" and besides the green check has been posted. They are now a "What Does the Package Look Like." Im sure if someone finds a package, or an exact match, they will post it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back