What's new

Found in Creek bed

Joeyfredrick

Greenie
Joined
Jan 16, 2017
Messages
17
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0098.webpIMG_0100.webpIMG_0103.webp
I found this in a Creek bed. Someone mentioned they thought it was part of a knife. Is this accurate?
 
Upvote 0
Nice- wow it's really thick... I'm not sure what it is exactly, but knife is a good possibility
 
Beautiful creek stain (patina) on it. Id be looking at the banks while you look upstream. Never know you might find the other half. Of course I never have but you never know.
 
It could have been a knife but it could also have been a perform that broke. Nice find and Welcome to T-net:hello:
 
Judging by the third picture, I would agree with monsterrack's opinion of preform. Overall, it doesn't seem to have enough edge work to be an effective knife.
 
What is a preform? It sounds like it may be a work in progress that was intended to be knife or something else but was never finished? I'm just guessing here..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
What is a preform? It sounds like it may be a work in progress that was intended to be knife or something else but was never finished? I'm just guessing here..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Something roughed down to be finished later. Here's a modern dude making one..

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom