What's new

🥇 BANNER Found Lots of Arrowheads Today!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,894
Reaction score
47,507
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such a perfect-weather day for getting out in the desert, so I decided to hit one of my favorite spots. It's a very long drive to get there so I headed out early.
I was lucky that the winds have been blowing pretty hard recently and uncovered lots of goodies today!

IMG_1646.webp


I came up to this spot where there used to be a little sand dune to see these metates and pestle stacked up. This place is very out-of-the-way, and I've never seen signs of anyone else having been here in the 30+ years I've been coming here. And, there was a dune here the last time I was here, so I'm thinking the indians had buried their wares here and they just recently were exposed by the winds!
IMG_1642 2.webp
IMG_1641 2.webp
IMG_1640 2.webp
IMG_1639 2.webp
IMG_1638 2.webp
IMG_1627 2.webp
IMG_1630 2.webp
IMG_1632 2.webp
IMG_1634 2.webp
IMG_1636 2.webp


All in all a fantastic day in the Great Basin desert!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Such a perfect-weather day for getting out in the desert, so I decided to hit one of my favorite spots. It's a very long drive to get there so I headed out early.
I was lucky that the winds have been blowing pretty hard recently and uncovered lots of goodies today!

View attachment 2258363

I came up to this spot where there used to be a little sand dune to see these metates and pestle stacked up. This place is very out-of-the-way, and I've never seen signs of anyone else having been here in the 30+ years I've been coming here. And, there was a dune here the last time I was here, so I'm thinking the indians had buried their wares here and they just recently were exposed by the winds!
View attachment 2258364View attachment 2258365View attachment 2258366View attachment 2258367View attachment 2258368View attachment 2258369View attachment 2258371View attachment 2258372View attachment 2258373View attachment 2258374

All in all a fantastic day in the Great Basin desert!
Wow, I would be dancing to find one of those. Gratz!
 
out by Pyramid? all those shells are confusing, tell me more about the site without telling me where. was it a seasonal water source or reliable?
 
out by Pyramid? all those shells are confusing, tell me more about the site without telling me where. was it a seasonal water source or reliable?
One of the many playas in Nevada. That's all I'm gonna say!
 
Absolutely MINDBLOWING! How much area did you search and how much time did it take?
I hunted for about 5 hours and covered a lot of ground.
 
hope you brought a lot of water.... 100 degrees in northern NV is oddly comfortable, no humidity...a little breeze blowing... i always wear a brim and long selves...and a couple frozen water bottles.... easy to stay out longer than you should!
 
Such a perfect-weather day for getting out in the desert, so I decided to hit one of my favorite spots. It's a very long drive to get there so I headed out early.
I was lucky that the winds have been blowing pretty hard recently and uncovered lots of goodies today!

View attachment 2258363

I came up to this spot where there used to be a little sand dune to see these metates and pestle stacked up. This place is very out-of-the-way, and I've never seen signs of anyone else having been here in the 30+ years I've been coming here. And, there was a dune here the last time I was here, so I'm thinking the indians had buried their wares here and they just recently were exposed by the winds!
View attachment 2258364View attachment 2258365View attachment 2258366View attachment 2258367View attachment 2258368View attachment 2258369View attachment 2258371View attachment 2258372View attachment 2258373View attachment 2258374

All in all a fantastic day in the Great Basin desert!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
Such a perfect-weather day for getting out in the desert, so I decided to hit one of my favorite spots. It's a very long drive to get there so I headed out early.
I was lucky that the winds have been blowing pretty hard recently and uncovered lots of goodies today!

View attachment 2258363

I came up to this spot where there used to be a little sand dune to see these metates and pestle stacked up. This place is very out-of-the-way, and I've never seen signs of anyone else having been here in the 30+ years I've been coming here. And, there was a dune here the last time I was here, so I'm thinking the indians had buried their wares here and they just recently were exposed by the winds!
View attachment 2258364View attachment 2258365View attachment 2258366View attachment 2258367View attachment 2258368View attachment 2258369View attachment 2258371View attachment 2258372View attachment 2258373View attachment 2258374

All in all a fantastic day in the Great Basin desert!
Wow!!!!! You hit the jackpot! Big, big Congrats!
 
If recently exposed by the wind, I have to believe there are many more UNexposed points below the surface. Have you tested this by using a sifter in the spots where the highest concentration of points resided?
 
If recently exposed by the wind, I have to believe there are many more UNexposed points below the surface. Have you tested this by using a sifter in the spots where the highest concentration of points resided?
Been hitting this place for 25 years. No need to work at sifting, I enjoy just walking around and finding them year after year.
 
A powerful leaf blower comes to mind..
Ha, funny you should mention that!
A friend of mine suggested that about 20 years ago and I agreed to let him try. We saw several little points and beads appear and disappear in milliseconds, never to be seen again!
That was the end of that experiment. :laughing7:
 
hope you brought a lot of water.... 100 degrees in northern NV is oddly comfortable, no humidity...a little breeze blowing... i always wear a brim and long selves...and a couple frozen water bottles.... easy to stay out longer than you should!
You guys are some tough ole Hombre's to be beating the bush in that kind of heat ! CONGRATS !
 
Such a perfect-weather day for getting out in the desert, so I decided to hit one of my favorite spots. It's a very long drive to get there so I headed out early.
I was lucky that the winds have been blowing pretty hard recently and uncovered lots of goodies today!

View attachment 2258363

I came up to this spot where there used to be a little sand dune to see these metates and pestle stacked up. This place is very out-of-the-way, and I've never seen signs of anyone else having been here in the 30+ years I've been coming here. And, there was a dune here the last time I was here, so I'm thinking the indians had buried their wares here and they just recently were exposed by the winds!
View attachment 2258364View attachment 2258365View attachment 2258366View attachment 2258367View attachment 2258368View attachment 2258369View attachment 2258371View attachment 2258372View attachment 2258373View attachment 2258374

All in all a fantastic day in the Great Basin desert!
Congratulations on making the Banner with your spectacular day out.
 
Such a perfect-weather day for getting out in the desert, so I decided to hit one of my favorite spots. It's a very long drive to get there so I headed out early.
I was lucky that the winds have been blowing pretty hard recently and uncovered lots of goodies today!

View attachment 2258363

I came up to this spot where there used to be a little sand dune to see these metates and pestle stacked up. This place is very out-of-the-way, and I've never seen signs of anyone else having been here in the 30+ years I've been coming here. And, there was a dune here the last time I was here, so I'm thinking the indians had buried their wares here and they just recently were exposed by the winds!
View attachment 2258364View attachment 2258365View attachment 2258366View attachment 2258367View attachment 2258368View attachment 2258369View attachment 2258371View attachment 2258372View attachment 2258373View attachment 2258374

All in all a fantastic day in the Great Basin desert!
Dang that’s on heck of a day! Congratulations!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom