🥇 BANNER Found Me a CHAIN CENT

PAdiggertom

Mar 16, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
heres a more detailed verson some of you ask for more details...ill start of saying that i found this on a old farm and we find a ton of stuff here, stuff from War of 1812 to WW2, and coins that date to 1774. I mean every kind of eagle button and every size. and some real nice war of 1812 buttons. my first coin i found here was a 1844 half dime. but anyways where i found the coin was right in front of an old barn on the ramp leading up to the loading doors. when i was about to scan the area i said screw it ill give it another shot beacuse all i find in this little spot was trash..so im scanning and then this loud tone came screaming out oof the 91 whites eagle spectrum. and i look at the screen and its read 72 solid. at ths point i knew it was a coin because about 10 feet away i found a 1808 half cent that read the same but here im think its another half cent..so i cut my plug and pulled out about 4 inches of dirt and still didnt see the target. i scanned the plug and it wasnt in there, so i put the coil over the hole and pinned point it and i said only about 5 inches deep. i got doen to start pulling dirt out with my hands, i took about 2 hand fulls out and at the top right cornor of the hole i seen a coin and as soon as i seen that i saw the circle chain..right off the bat i knew what i had. that grin on my face was about a mile long. now im looking at places to get it graded..and thank you everyone who voted it to be a banner this is my first!!!

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 4,780
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 4,719
Last edited:
Upvote 21
OP
OP
PAdiggertom

PAdiggertom

Mar 16, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
well just sent my find into the W&E Treasure mag...hope to see it in there

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well just sent my find into the W&E Treasure mag...hope to see it in there

Tom, should be a "shoo in" for one of the "Best Finds of 2012" Never saw a Chain Cent that didn't make it. Again, congratulations. Have you decided on getting it authenticated, graded, and slabbed?
............Rich

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"but ill be going back to try again. " The odd thing about this place is we find more than one of an item here so there is a good chance of finding another chain cent floating around there.

your post reads , " You have been hunting for years " . Any other finds on the return visit ??? I sure hope you start posting comments to other members and post up your latest finds . Very curious you will prove any naysayers wrong & show your not a "One hit Wonder " . :-\ Any updates

OP
OP
PAdiggertom

PAdiggertom

Mar 16, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"but ill be going back to try again. " The odd thing about this place is we find more than one of an item here so there is a good chance of finding another chain cent floating around there.

your post reads , " You have been hunting for years " . Any other finds on the return visit ??? I sure hope you start posting comments to other members and post up your latest finds . Very curious you will prove any naysayers wrong & show your not a "One hit Wonder " . :-\ Any updates

been back there twice so far, found an IH and flat buttons one guy found a SLQ, its a BIG farm gonna take some time to cover it all..we stay away from the main house. the guy dosnt mind when ever we show up to detect and dont have to ask him to hunt everytime we show up so i stay away from the house so im not digging every part of the land. one day ima ask him to go around the house..its virgin ground around the house can only imagine what around it

Last edited:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
welcome to the "CHAIN GANG" awesome coin & I have no doubts that it will be gracing the pages come Feb.congrats again!

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing find no doubt. The condition is quite good as well. Big congrats to ya!!:headbang:

RushinPA

Mar 11, 2010
Gardners, PA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, F-75
Hey Tom, I heard a rumor that another chain cent was found recently up the road around Carlisle? Did you hear anything about that? The only other info was that it was a field hunt.

OP
OP
PAdiggertom

PAdiggertom

Mar 16, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yes sir i go digging with the guy who found it,,his name is timmy. i hunted the same area and found a copper. he found tons of coins there but his chain cent was a bit toasted

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Allow me to be the 76th person to congratulate you!!! There's one of my dream coins for sure!
Nick

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on finding a chain cent. What a coin to find. On my list.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread