🥇 BANNER Found Me a CHAIN CENT

PAdiggertom

Mar 16, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
heres a more detailed verson some of you ask for more details...ill start of saying that i found this on a old farm and we find a ton of stuff here, stuff from War of 1812 to WW2, and coins that date to 1774. I mean every kind of eagle button and every size. and some real nice war of 1812 buttons. my first coin i found here was a 1844 half dime. but anyways where i found the coin was right in front of an old barn on the ramp leading up to the loading doors. when i was about to scan the area i said screw it ill give it another shot beacuse all i find in this little spot was trash..so im scanning and then this loud tone came screaming out oof the 91 whites eagle spectrum. and i look at the screen and its read 72 solid. at ths point i knew it was a coin because about 10 feet away i found a 1808 half cent that read the same but here im think its another half cent..so i cut my plug and pulled out about 4 inches of dirt and still didnt see the target. i scanned the plug and it wasnt in there, so i put the coil over the hole and pinned point it and i said only about 5 inches deep. i got doen to start pulling dirt out with my hands, i took about 2 hand fulls out and at the top right cornor of the hole i seen a coin and as soon as i seen that i saw the circle chain..right off the bat i knew what i had. that grin on my face was about a mile long. now im looking at places to get it graded..and thank you everyone who voted it to be a banner this is my first!!!

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 4,781
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 4,719
Last edited:
Upvote 21

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find, that ones on my wish list.:icon_thumleft:

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
That is absolutely awesome. I hope you did the happy dance. Great job & I second the vote for Banner find.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: Beautiful Banner vote if i ever saw one Congrats !! Jim coin2.jpg

Last edited:

Ground Inspector

Feb 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
18" Excelerator Coil
Minelab CTX 3030
06 Smart Coil
17 Smart Coil
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowsers! That's not even on my list because I want a list that I have a good shot of completing! Congrats, banner worthy indeed.

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And to all you forum newbies grabbing banners... just make sure you stay with us and post your junk finds too! :laughing7:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BANNER!!!! for sure! Really nice coin. Congrats!

HH,
Anita

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
Definitely an awesome find! That gives me encouragement as i am right down the road in york county....its good to know there is some good stuff in our pa soil....minus 1 now of course..lol!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find! Beautiful Green patina. My banner vote is in.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find tom ! what type of site ?

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG! On my wish list! BANNER FOR SURE! Vote casted!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Nominated for banner. Congratulations you lucky son of a gun on scoring that early piece of American Coinage and History.

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about a sharing a little more background? Love to hear more of the story behind this find. Congrats, it looks good on the banner.

Don
HH

okerraine

Mar 24, 2009
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Teknetics T2 Minelab equinox 800 CTX Firty Firty
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! That's 1 heck of a find you have there

OP
OP
PAdiggertom

PAdiggertom

Mar 16, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ChainCent Update

sorry for making another thread on this im still new to this site and dont know how to edit my last thread..but some people asked to put more detail into it. Ill start of saying i found the coin on a old farm and it a nice size farm, i found it right by the big old barn on the ramp that leads up the the loading doors and about 10 feet from that coin i found an 1808 half cent..this farm is somhing else we find stuff from the WAR OF 1812 to WW2..i mean every kind of civil war eagle button and a few 1812 buttons and a ton of coins my first coin i found there was a 1844 half dime and then a 1785 1/2 reale. the olny reason we think there is so much stuff here is because there is a paper mill right next to it so back then they would take all the uniforms and use them for making paper. anyways i was was just scaning along an i said screw it ill scan that ramp going up to the barn because ive scaned it before but found nothing but junk so me finding this coin was pure luck...i got a real loud tone and it was solid reading at 72 and not moving solid 72 and right then i knew it was a coin because that 1808 half cent read just the same..so i make my plug and pull out 4 inches of dirt and still didnt see it and i got down and started pulling dirt out with my hands..right in the top left cornor i seen somthing round and as soon as i seen that i seen a circle of chains and right off the bat i knew what it was, that grin on my face was about a mile long..i pulled it out and fliped the coin over and i seen the flowing hair and my grin went from a mile long to 3 miles long..the dirt was dry and there were some big rocks ontop of the coin so thats what i think saved it becasue i find hibernias not to far from it and they are just sooooo worn you can hardly make out what they are..but ill be going back the try agian the odd thing about this place is we find more than one of an item here so theres a good chance theres another floating around there..and thank you every one for making this my first banner!!! now im looking at sending it off the ge graded

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 400
  • coin2.jpg
    coin2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 390

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome in every way. Thanks for the details!

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holy chain man that is a kick butt find

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011