found my first buffalo!!! and some other stuff

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
just got back, spent the day detecting in 90 desert heat, got burnt and dehydrated, but it was very well worth it;) i found my first buffalo a 1919 and a wheat cent, a aluminum good luck token, a small one dime coin with a little possum cartoon guy on it, a button with a eagle and a anchor (navy my guess), 2 marbles and a bunch of little things that look like barley and are heavy like lead
everyone have a good night
Brandon
p.s. oh and a desert kingsnake;)

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 281
  • zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 274
  • zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 287
  • zzzzz.jpg
    zzzzz.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 283
Upvote 0

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
Cool Digs. Is that a dog tag? Would be neat to clean it up and see if you can find some history o its owner.

99Brown

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Brandon....You have some nice stuff there....it looks like the finds were found near water or a wet area.... by the green color....the buttons look old ...is there writing on the back !!! nice job....!

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
the dog tag is cleaning right now, i will see how far i can get with the owner, the button does look old but i cannot yet tell if there are markings on the back, i think i will have it soak a few days. the green is what puzzles me, there is no water for miles and the ground is dry and hard as rock. alot of my finds did have this green stuff on them,hmmmmmmmmm
oh and the kingsnake, i know it was not right, but he is now officially our new pet;)
and just to let everyone know, he will have a correct habitat and regular feedings, he is retiring;)

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
actually the button with the eagle does have writting on the back, i still cant read it tho

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Brandon .Thats a great bunch of "treasure"!The little button with the 13 stars looks really cool.Congrats on your first Buffalo....H.H.....joe The small barley shaped things look like sqeeze sinkers??

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff CH! :o I'd say it was worth it too! 8)

Nana ;)

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like some of the stuff I get from the dry caves here, always have a heave green incrustation...I really like the Marine button! Semper Fi! being a formar Marine!
Nice Finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread