What's new

Found my first point!

Knockneed Man

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
62
Reaction score
128
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a bucket lister for me! This afternoon I went to the same spot where I found a drill with my son last fall, and found this guy within five minutes of getting out of the car today. Hiked around for another hour or so and found some other possible material, but this one made my day!

0D323837-EAFB-458B-A159-30FEBF92B693.webp57AB8027-69CF-456F-9218-E49BCBC5B362.webp77BC6210-9F8C-4E5B-BDC9-BBA8EF162B5A.webp
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Shorewalker :occasion14:

Not sure if any of these others are artifacts?

F5556E48-D920-481B-9998-40FDCE3B89E5.webp683FB069-C23B-451C-83C5-913268027158.webp7251DBD4-2474-45B6-8A4F-82B9974E040D.webpBF5F5D00-7AB4-4E08-A9A6-28970065D74A.webp
 
Man that’s a killer point.... the item in the last pic looks worked as well , sounds like a good spot what state are you in ? Did you post pics of the drill If not I would like to see it
 
You def have some worked pieces and some tools. The reddish piece in the top right looks like hematite.

What state are you in?
 
Super nice point you found. :icon_thumright: The last item in the #3 post looks like a nice thumb-scraper, with a graver on the opposite end. (Nice One)!
 
Danged nice looking point.
 
Beautiful point.
HH
dts
 
That point will kill. Beautiful find. Congrats
 
Thanks everyone for your thoughts! I took a few more photos of the potential scraper in better lighting.


B0EED84F-F60B-49EE-AB8C-AE2598F749AC.webpCD8300A5-E972-45A6-B503-D0CBE55F6A8A.webpF0BBEE5E-730C-4548-B93A-B3932BDD0D28.webp516C87A4-CC98-45A5-8055-195B24981C68.webp
 
Looks like half a scraper now.

Nice one though and great material!!
 
Really nice point. Have you held it up to a bright light yet? I'd bed it's translucent.

Thanks for mentioning that... just tried it. There were a couple of specks of light coming through but overall it was opaque. I am curious to what it’s made from though.
 
Congratulations on a beautiful point! I love the material it is made from!

Steve
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom