Found my first "V" today

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Found my first "V" today

I didn't expect to ever find one. So it was a shock today while going through a nickel box to find a 1908 V nickel.

It is in ROUGH shape. I had to work on it just to get the date to show up. Looks like it has lots of water damage. Not very worn, but lots of crud on th ecoin. Gren dots that are nasty looking all over, corroding the face away. It was unrecognizable, which is probably why it was in the box. But still - it is a V nickel, and my first ever. I'll take it!

:-)

Upvote 0
Re: Found my first "V" today

Nice find! :icon_thumleft:

I've only got 1 myself, and that was found with the detector.

Congrats! I only have one V, 1904. My grandmother got it in change from BK. Nickel boxes are terrible here in BR, as I've looked through hundreds and only found 1 War Nickel.

I have 4 of them.
Vnickles.jpg

Vnickles2.jpg

Nice find in any condition. :icon_thumleft:

Thats Awesome!..I found a really bad condition Buff once..But never had any more luck with old Nickels

Awesome!!!! I dig those "V's"!

Mine were part of a little hoard I found in the old garden area at the house that used to belong to my grandfather. I suspect one of my uncles buried it so gramps wouldn't use it for whiskey.

Great score on the V, still lookin for my first one :thumbsup:
HH...Miner

I have found one so I know the excitement level. Amazing find, way to go!!

Well done. Found one in roll last week and bout fell off seat. (1889) read date fine but rest really worn down.

:icon_thumright: Great find!!! :icon_thumleft:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back