jfx55

Apr 13, 2006
new jersey/pa/bucks county
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
fisher1266-x whites 6000 pro whites 5900 di pro/nautlis 2b
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my hunting partner and i got permission to hunt a old bed and breakfast inn in morgan town pa. a few weeks ago. and it proved to be another good spot he got us. after only finding a few wheats and a indian. i moved from the front yard to the back where there were remains of a old smoke house. not even 10-mins of swinging the head i hit this at 5 inches and rang up on the meter as quarter/half/ dug the plug nothing dug some more it was in the side of the hole, needless to say i was happy really wild 1765 german thaler. also found a smaller coin near the back of the property its old not sure what it is. the flat buttons where found near the back door leading outside to the garden. guess i throw them back in the oil to soak some more. the thaler cleaned up good i little brass-o to get the black off. o yea ps # this post is dedicated to kirk of pa giving me some insight on appreciation of nice dug finds and sharing them with all. its just i find alot and dont always have the time to photograph and cleaning up the finds. let alone getting out for the search having family issues and taking care of a autistic son. enjoy all happy hunting-!!!

Attachments

• Picture 278.jpg
    Picture 278.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,114
  • Picture 279.jpg
    Picture 279.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,118
  • Picture 281.jpg
    Picture 281.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 993
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
VERY cool Thaler!!!

I wonder if it got dropped by a Hessian during the Revolution? Or maybe it was lost by "our" Prussian, Baron von Steuben hinself!!

WTG

HH,
SgtSki

OP
OP
J

jfx55

Apr 13, 2006
new jersey/pa/bucks county
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
fisher1266-x whites 6000 pro whites 5900 di pro/nautlis 2b
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Oh, and by the way...I DO think this is a banner-worthy find! This is one of the nicest-condition, oldest silver coins most of us here are likely to see for a while. Excellent find.

Regards,
thanks buckleboy. i am still wowed over about it yet-! hope the find banner space for it but its up to the moderator i guess :-\

Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread