What's new

Found protection from the "evil eye" this morning ....silver amulet

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:hello:Hi,

It was a beautiful morning after last night's storm.

While Hank was picking out 124 golf balls from a near-by pond :headbang:, I was hunting in the rocks at low tide.

Found clads and an object hiding under the rocks which I thought at first was another sinker, but turned out to be a sterling "Italian Horn" amulet. It gave off a nice high silver sound.


It had to be under those rocks for a loooooooooooong time. It is marked sterling, and although it cleaned up well, its surface shows signs of age.

Here's some info that I found regarding this amulet:

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv450114611categoryTitle, colspan: 2"]Italian Horn Necklaces

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv450114611categoryDescription"]"Whether you need to ward off bad omens or are just looking for a cute new necklace, you'll love our selection of Italian horn pendants! The Italian horn necklace is also known as a "cornicello", meaning 'little horn' in Italian. Traditionally the cornicello was worn to protect against the evil eye, and was usually fashioned from gold, silver or red coral."



Also found an old -looking key:
The American Lock Company was started in 1912, and in 2003, the company was acquired by Master Locks.

Here's some pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine


DSCF1889.webp


DSCF1890.webp
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]


DSCF1899.webp



DSCF1906.webp

DSCF1907.webp


DSCF1909.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice silver horn from Italy Lorraine, was wondering how you clean your silver, rock tumbler or electrolysis, please let me know.:icon_thumleft:
 
Nice silver horn from Italy Lorraine, was wondering how you clean your silver, rock tumbler or electrolysis, please let me know.:icon_thumleft:

Thank you , Lep
I used electrolysis followed by a scrub with Tarn-X/ Baking soda paste...soft toothbrush

Lorraine
 
when iwas younger - i remember tons of guys wearing those
I have a friend that wears a gold one and have only seen a few others wearing silver ones still
I think they were a macho fad thing in the disco days with buttoned down silk shirts
wonder if chain is still out there cause loop is intact or did you already find a broken silver chain in that area in the past
that it might have been to
 
"wonder if chain is still out there cause loop is intact or did you already find a broken silver chain in that area in the past

Casper,

I did not find a silver chain today or lately at this spot.

Thank you for the nostalgic info...while I was looking at this object in the scoop, I couldn't remember where I had seen this before, but I knew I had seen it quite often; and you solved the mystery for me...it had to be at all those disco nightclubs that I frequented in the 60's ..loved those strobe lights! :headbang::hello2::laughing7:

Lorraine
 
That cleaned up well.
I've been spending most of today applying elbow grease to the silver ring I found yesterday, and I still have a long way to go! :BangHead:
 
Enjoy seeing your finds. The information on the find is great to know!
 
Nice horn. You did a great job getting it clean
 
congrats on the Italian horn Lorraine. You always do a super job on the clean up!
 
WTG,Lorraine very nice silver horn:icon_thumleft:cleaned up really nice,I would so much be like Hank:laughing9:When I go golfing with my husband I just love getting those golf balls in the pond:laughing9:I would get excited when I find a pink one & orange one too:hello2:,,HH:hello:
 
Lorraine the reason I asked about how you cleaned your coin is surfnturf resently taught me something about eletrolysis that I didn't know. I used to use a DFX battery chargerand was recking,
or cooking my silver coins. Check your charger, if it puts out more than 2 volts your doing more harm than good to your finds. My DFX charger was puting out 6 volts and I recked alot of coins,
so I've learned a lesson and an trying to pass the knoledge on to others. Pm me if you want to know more about surfnturf's new method.I now use a cell phone charger that puts out 2 volts
and my silver that I clean comes out way better.:icon_thumleft:
 
Last edited:
Nice silver find!! "Disco" yuk. Headbangers rule! (except now I would get a headache).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom