What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Found some sort of badge?

NC Digger

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
2,131
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900, 2 Manticores
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out Sunday and found this. It's 2 inches long by 1 inch wide. Not sure what it is :dontknow:
The back looks like a pin or something went through it.
Hopefully someone can tell me what I have.
Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5437.webp
    IMG_5437.webp
    496.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_5438.webp
    IMG_5438.webp
    412.2 KB · Views: 107
Good question, not finding or know of any US rank insignia in that style. Maybe I didn't look in the right places, or cross my eyes correctly when looking.

Most early rank for enlisted was cloth/silk. By the time we went to metal rank insignia, it was pretty much standardized and didn't look like this, to my knowledge.

Maybe something decorative or utilitarian. Strap or belt end....?
 
Upvote 1
Although all the keyhole covers I've seen on the internet swing CW or CCW, I wonder if this lifts-up?

Interesting how the two round things on the front appear riveted. Also, the pair of flaps on either side of the reverse look like extensions of the "V" on front.
 
Upvote 1

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
450
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Two What's Its
Replies
10
Views
630

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom