What's new

Found this beautiful point metal detecting

Kaleb71386

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
667
Reaction score
939
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350. Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was cool because I wasn't even expecting to find any artifacts. It's a good one also. Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • 1513040701339.webp
    1513040701339.webp
    88.3 KB · Views: 157
  • 1513040725084.webp
    1513040725084.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 0
Way cool find! :occasion14:
 
WTG.........nice artifact save.
 
Nice find , what’s the item above it ? A bead ?

It's part of a fossil. Not sure the correct name for them, but I find them alot IMG_20171211_235634523.webp
 
That is one beautiful point! Congrats.
HH
dts
 
Very nice. The fossil is a brachiopod, a type of shellfish...
 
Very nice. The fossil is a brachiopod, a type of shellfish...

Thanks! I knew someone else would know the correct name for them, I find them around my area and pick them up because I think they are neat.
 
Nice save on the point. What type of coin is that?
 
Nice find. I also find brachiopod in the fields. Also find geodes. In the fields the geodes are small, in the woods they are larger.
 
Love the fossils. Those look awesome!
 
When you dig in dirt you never know when a good object will show up and a nice point you found! Good job!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom