What's new

found this button and dont have a clue....... solved, thanks to all,......

tornadolady

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2009
Messages
45
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
found this button and don't have a clue....... solved, thanks to all,......

This was my first hunt and I found this button. Any help on an ID would really be appreciated.
hope these pictures help. Thanks for any help you can give.
 

Attachments

  • PICT0002 button front.webp
    PICT0002 button front.webp
    54.6 KB · Views: 965
  • PICT0030  button back.webp
    PICT0030 button back.webp
    74 KB · Views: 952
Re: found this button and don't have a clue

Cool looking button, I wish I could help with the ID but I can't. It wont take these guys long though.
HH Charlie
 
Upvote 0
Re: found this button and don't have a clue

Welcome to treasurenet :thumbsup:
That sure is a cool looking button, as Charlie says, the experts will be along in a moment or two ;D

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Re: found this button and don't have a clue

thanks so much guys for the great welcome and for all your replies to my plea for help. I am new to detecting. But I must say it is quite addictive isn't it? I am having a lot of fun with it. And I guess this was beginners luck. Thanks again guys, all of you are the greatest. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Re: found this button and don't have a clue

Welcome and not beginners luck! Hurry up and get back to that site. There IS bound to be more..........NGE
 
Upvote 0
Re: found this button and don't have a clue

tornadolady said:
thanks so much guys for the great welcome and for all your replies to my plea for help. I am new to detecting. But I must say it is quite addictive isn't it? I am having a lot of fun with it. And I guess this was beginners luck. Thanks again guys, all of you are the greatest. :wink:

Your telling me :o Excellent start to your detecting career.

Welcome from the UK
 
Upvote 0
Re: found this button and don't have a clue

tornadolady,
first hunt. :o

Very nice find; hope the luck keeps up. ;D

Welcome to T Net and thanks for posting.

have a good un.
SHERMANVILLE
 
Upvote 0
Re: found this button and don't have a clue

BEAUTIFUL button! Welcome to metal detecting and TN. What state did you find this in? Louisiana by chance? Im not well versed on these buttons but I would like to comment that yours looks more like a pelican than an eagle, head facing to the right. The eagle faces left. Am I the only one seeing things? :D
 
Upvote 0
Re: found this button and don't have a clue

BTW Dont clean it! It looks good as it is.
 
Upvote 0
Re: found this button and don't have a clue

Welcome to Treasure Net, like bigcypresshunter says don't clean it! Very nice find.


Chris
 
Upvote 0
Re: found this button and don't have a clue

thanks , you guys are so nice. And bigcypresshunter I think the same as you. It looks like a pelican to me not an eagle. It has ten stacked balls near the wheel. However I am just a rookie, who knows very little. But I am very willing and anxious to learn. All of your comments, and help are greatly appreciated.Also any advice given to me(tornadolady) will be added to my treasures. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Re: found this button and don't have a clue

Nice button! I'm sure that you will find many more!
 
Upvote 0
Re: found this button and don't have a clue

With out giving away your great hunting spot could you tell us a little bit bit about where you found it? Thanks Charlie
 
Upvote 0
Re: found this button and don't have a clue

tornadolady said:
thanks , you guys are so nice. And bigcypresshunter I think the same as you. It looks like a pelican to me not an eagle. It has ten stacked balls near the wheel. However I am just a rookie, who knows very little. But I am very willing and anxious to learn. All of your comments, and help are greatly appreciated.Also any advice given to me(tornadolady) will be added to my treasures. :wink:
This one is not yet solved. What state are you in tornadolady?
 
Upvote 0
Re: found this button and don't have a clue

I was hunting in the low country of South Carolina, that is the best I can do on that. Never been there before. A friend took me . Had been hunting for 2 or 3 hours . We were just about ready to go and I was digging my last signal. And this is what it was. I was above the clouds and couldn't speak much

I am from Georgia.
 
Upvote 0
Re: found this button and don't have a clue

this is just about how I found it. All I did was brush away the loose dirt with a soft bristle brush. I am scared to clean anything else.The only other nice thing I have found was an Indianhead penny couldn't see much but the indianhead. So I soaked it in olive oil. That wasn't doing much so I added a little lemon juice. Well you can guess the rest. I put too much juice and when I went back and picked it up and rinsed it off. There was nothing left , it looks like the hole head is gone along with anything else that might have been there. So now I am affraid to clean anything. Don't know what to do with cleaning things. Just know not to use lemon juice. But donn't know the correct thing to do on the different metals. Thanks for everything bigcypresshunter and all the rest of you.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom