Found this gold dust in 3 minutes

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live by the Arkansas river and dug out a crack in sidewalk, that is submerged when river floods. Literally took 3 minutes to collect this gold dust. It stuck to my dust pan, and I am wondering about ways to collect it. There are literally hundreds of more cracks for me to dig out. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 1467640772425.jpg
    1467640772425.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 481
  • 1467640793949.jpg
    1467640793949.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 508
  • 1467640816919.jpg
    1467640816919.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 496
Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if this works....you need to apply for a patent. The guys that build/sell/ sluice boxes might be perturbed. hey, the "crisco sluice" Might be a game changer! The "bazooka grease Trap" hey ideas are a great thing.

Like I said, it's only meant for fine gold. Don't remember it mentioning flakes, but anything larger would simply drop to the bottom. ...Seems like what I was reading had to do with someone working the very fine gold from the Snake River in Idaho. ...Just been too long.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said, it's only meant for fine gold. Don't remember it mentioning flakes, but anything larger would simply drop to the bottom. ...Seems like what I was reading had to do with someone working the very fine gold from the Snake River in Idaho. ...Just been too long.

I disagree..If it's oil from a big fish....nuggets could be...grabbed. BB sized I would guess maximum... If it works for one why not the other?

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well things are getting a bit ridiculous now aren't they.......:laughing7:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

Yes it is for fine gold that has been running off the end of sluices for centuries. If I am remembering correctly it captures 98% down to a few microns in size. An extremely large percentage of gold on the planet is micron sized that is not recoverable with a sluice.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Spectacular recovery methods without validation is nothing more than speculation of a theory. Sorry Jeff, it's how I feel. That said, l will bow out. I truly have much more important things going on right now. But it was a fun distraction. Myself...I always like thinking up (and then later proving and displaying) a new method. Nothing to be ashamed of here...sometimes I fail (epic fools gold fiasco...and sometimes I win...poor mans BGT) Some are just not like us...and we bicker...but bless their souls none the less. :thumbsup:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Spectacular recovery methods without validation is nothing more than speculation of a theory. Sorry Jeff, it's how I feel. That said, l will bow out. I truly have much more important things going on right now. But it was a fun distraction. Myself...I always like thinking up (and then later proving and displaying) a new method. Nothing to be ashamed of here...sometimes I fail (epic fools gold fiasco...and sometimes I win...poor mans BGT) Some are just not like us...and we bicker...but bless their souls none the less. :thumbsup:

Sorry Jeff(?) but the method has been validated and is not a new method. Are you getting your info from a site thats growing cobwebs?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i'm about done here without ever getting a temp ban or just plain kicked off..if fake outlandish or irrelevant trolling comments are allowed here ..it really isn't a place for me!

Please no...we need you. If someone is making you nuts, just "ignore" them and you won't see their posts anymore :)

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm about done here without ever getting a temp ban or just plain kicked off..if fake outlandish or irrelevant trolling comments are allowed here ..it really isn't a place for me!

I feel your frustration GW, have spoke to a few members here that feel the same, some don't post much anymore because of what its turned into.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
This thread is awesome! I'm gonna try the trout and bucket idea instead of building suite boxes and equipment in my living room.

I kinda thought scratching side walk cracks was crazy but the gold In the water makes perfect sense! If there's hundreds of ounces in the Arkansas River I bet the Weber River has micron gold too!

Here in Layton we have a dam on the weber River I could string the sheets covered in fish sauce over. I bet I would get all the floating gold there as all the River water runs through it.

How much fish sauce do I need per queen size sheet?

30 bucks for fish sauce online and sheets are cheap at dollar general

I'll test this out this weekend with pictures and video and see how it works.

That'd be an awesome experiment!! Can't wait to hear your results. However, is fish "sauce" the same as fish "oil"??

Another thought I had is, which would work better for such an experiment - dowsing a sheet with oil and letting water flow over it, or oiling down some sort of netting and having the water pass through it?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the heat must be getting to you people.
of the last 50 or so posts since I signed off and come back,
you've threatened your going to cut & Run ,

And argued with each other.:BangHead: I guess if I lock or delete this thread as irrelevant
at this point , you's would complain some more :BangHead:

find some gold to post !

Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh... "WE" turned this thread into a laughing stock?..that's rich..

shoot..lock it up.. it was a joke to begin with..

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh... "WE" turned this thread into a laughing stock?..that's rich..

it appears to me someone has . I'm not naming names but a few of the posts seem to simply be
jokes. I'm not putting down people with a sense of humor either.
I'm just making a statement by what I read at one point.

again I'm not putting down a sense of humor,
and I didn't threaten to ban anyone, if that is how you took my comments.
I simply felt a note to calm down was needed and all of a sudden you people are
upset :o Jeeese !

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a member of a lot of online forum, but I have never...ever seen "moderation" like this...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a member of a lot of online forum, but I have never...ever seen "moderation" like this...

mytime__ Are you "Trying" to start a Fight ?

Let me tell you I am a Bit Psychic.

I looked in the Future & Guess what..

I'll bet ya "50 Cent" I'll Win :thumbsup:

Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why would you think I'm trying to start a fight? I just call it how's I see it. I'm just a dumb gold miner anyways why are so upset with me?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
*sigh*

Well, can't Unsubscribe again cause I want to learn more about the fish oil. So off to bed I go......eventually. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread