Found this in the woods........( Deer hunting results, ignore if easily offended )

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, I have to admit I know it is the filter. The big thing is high in cholesterol etc but man it is good (liver in general). I honestly like the venison steak etc better than the beef but not as big on the venison liver. I have been eating the venison 2 meals per day now...... ha ha.

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abby saw 2 does and a spike this eve but holding for a shot at the big one I mentioned previously where she hunted. Said when she got out that she wished she had taken a doe, but gonna hold her off in that stand. Plenty in some of the other places. Don't wanna mess up big boy.:icon_thumleft:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice that your able to share with your daughter.....

On another note....

Title warns thread is about hunting so anyone who clicks on link has no grounds to complain what they find.

While TN is a treasure site we also have forums on cars, books, music and many others that have nothing to do with treasure hunting.

If your offended by thread move on, do not attack thread.....

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so is Hunting considered hobbies, Pets, or Fast food ?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Good question..

Pets? Naaa, nobody would shoot a pet.

Fast Food?? Some years, maybe..but generally not fast at all..if I can help it.
If I miss enough shots on purpose it can last up to 4 weeks..:laughing7:

Have to go with Hobbies. The financial return is rarely, if ever, equal to the
time and expenditure of the expedition, however what counts most is the
personal rewards, and that overcomes any financial or time expenditure.

Congrats Abby on that fat, healthy looking doe! I'll always take a fat doe
over a buck, as that tender doe will eat much better than a buck.

Regarding hunting itself, people today should consider that men (and women)
have been hunters since man first appeared on this planet..that's a hellofa
long time! Point being, of all the instinctive things we are born with, the
desire to acquire food and clothing by hunting or gathering is still a strong,
natural desire born into mankind. 100 years of people living with modern
food supply doesn't erase a couple million years of instinct.

A successful hunter was praised by all, as they were providing meat for the
entire clan. They celebrated when fresh meat was available, and we still
celebrate successful hunts today. People who don't hunt shouldn't feel they're
the only ones with an attachment to animals, as every hunter I know feels
the loss when they kill an animal. You don't disrespect the animal, make a clean
kill whenever possible, and make use of all the animal has to offer. Even in today's
world, we are still "hunter/gatherers" in a sense. Some are hunters, and some are
gatherers..maybe that's the way it was meant to be?

Been that same way for a couple million years, and I believe that if all the
scientific progress continues, and the animals are only in zoos (where they
don't belong IMO), then the hunting instinct may begin to leave humanity.

My own theory, but one I've chewed on for a long while and shared with
a great many non-hunters. If folks will set their emotion aside for a moment,
and just consider the real history of hunting itself, then it's much easier for them
to understand why we hunt, and why we celebrate a success.

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dizzy,
It is no doubt a hard thing to explain the emotion of a kill as well. My daughter and I both spend countless hours during the year just watching the deer and other wildlife. A true joy to us both. The kill creates a mix of emotions that could not be explained to those who do not hunt. Did not want to even bring it up as rebuttal when the turmoil started here as I figured it would just add fuel to the fire. Absolutely loved your reply above....... little could be added to it.:icon_thumleft:

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha! I'm actually having a 'deer heart' sandwich when reading here and writing this!
Congrats Abby, Well-Done!, and TNGUNs...The Proud Father! :icon_thumright:

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It kinda does belong due to having to go out and FIND it after the shot and as far as treasure what better treasure is there than FAMILY The fact that my Kids what to spend time with Dad is something I will always TREASURE
sorry again

Agree-- Healthy food is a treasure also

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The pets I raised to trust my hands and then killed were not hunted.Possible, but like kissing sister.Fast food its not.Game animals kept inventoried throughout year as movements change with food and seasons.
Takes me two days to process a deer, depending on temps its guarded for multiple days first.Jerky around a quarter deer a full day.Steaks roasts and chops are frozen whole so time working them at near thawed to cut and then cook low and slow,except stir frys.
Hunting has varied forms, when for meat as is tradition it requires homework that is more basic than selecting an individual to play a fatal chess match with,the second being a way to go hungry on more occasions than not but does sharpen skills beyond those of the finest bill collector or repo man.
A evolution common among hunters who age or just see a lot of years of it. From wanting to take a limit to being choosy to just being out is enough where the clock favors nature and we must slow down.
A daughter got there so fast she will go on occasion but has "seen the elephant" so to speak and her version of hunting is now mostly relieving her dad of home made jerky.
A big part of it is primal, a pair of canine teeth and all. For many who don,t absolutely have to hunt ,besides quality of protein acquired there is the free range of creatures life compared to our factory system.
That aside, sunrise and set with out concrete and glass feels softer to the eyes and soul when creatures are stirring about unheeded by modern society, no whistle blow to mechanize the masses, no exhaust, or the greatest hobby of people , a constant din and dust cloud cause the place to be is packed in here!
Shoppers are hunter gatherers.Just watch them!

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt for your kids. My granddaughter got her first deer Saturday she is 7yrs old.That's the way to go TNguns spend time with them they will never forget it.

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I missed this! Congrats Abby!!!

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congradulations on a successful harvest .

Here in Pa. , first day of the Buck opener is practicaly a State Holiday . Many schools shut down on the monday opener .....:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread