What's new

✅ SOLVED Found today. Possible ashtray?

Blackfoot58

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
6,193
Reaction score
15,836
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Chrome plated, 5” at widest (top) 3” at narrowest (bottom). It appears that something came through the sidewall; possibly a release for a lid/cover. It makes me think automotive, but I’ve never seen a car ashtray like this. Any help appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • C20F035F-E210-47C4-BDB5-E4F5E0EE284E.webp
    C20F035F-E210-47C4-BDB5-E4F5E0EE284E.webp
    866.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 198D433B-2A53-4A3D-A57C-9124FC1FC2FD.webp
    198D433B-2A53-4A3D-A57C-9124FC1FC2FD.webp
    679.4 KB · Views: 99
I think you got it
I really like this idea. However, I’ve done quite a lot of searching and can’t find any that were ever this small in diameter. It would have had a 3-1/2” coil. 6” and 8” are standard. Maybe there were smaller burners that I haven’t found yet. Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
A hot or cold drink container/thermos lid with hole to sip from?
No, there is an uncoated iron piece that would not work for drinking w/o rust.
 
Upvote 0
I declared this one solved. I’m not 100% convinced, but it is the most likely answer. Possibly there were smaller burner coils for stoves in campers or efficiency apartments.
 
Upvote 0
maybe a ceiling can for a speaker
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom