What's new

Found yesterday. Looking for opinions on I.D.

Sidevalve45

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
603
Reaction score
692
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Hello,
Found this while walking down a dirt road after a day of relic hunting. I thought this could be an agate basin type but I'm interested in what others have to say.

Thanks for looking,
Sidevalve45
 

Attachments

  • Point1.webp
    Point1.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Point2.webp
    Point2.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Point3.webp
    Point3.webp
    48.1 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0
Got allot of color thats for sure. Is it broken or is it a knife? They did make knifes in that shape. Nice find either way.
 
It looks good to me. Thanks for sharing.
 
Got allot of color thats for sure. Is it broken or is it a knife? They did make knifes in that shape. Nice find either way.
It is colorful but the picture was auto corrected before I saved it so maybe it looks better than it really is. I have not seen this material before so if anyone has an idea speak up. The bottom appears to be complete and the top looks like it has impact damage and is perhaps missing a 1/4" of the tip.


Thanks for looking,
Sidevalve45
 
I think I'm seeing an ovate blade/scraper." Biface"
I would think it was hafted... with the narrow end inside the handle.
I've found some very similar chert here in Florida... I would guess your piece is some type of chalcedony.
I just took those photos with my cell phone.. there's actually alot more color.

ForumRunner_20130704_223356.webp



ForumRunner_20130704_223646.webp
 
Last edited:
I believe I have 1 or 2 like that. GB is correct he actually did a ID on mine when I found it. Its on the right in my pic.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3069.webp
    100_3069.webp
    136.5 KB · Views: 74

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom