What's new

Found yesterday, what is it?

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this yesterday on the farm at an old house site.
Brass item with silver plating. Has teeth on the back, guessing a buckle or something.
No other attachment, nothing broken.

Thanks for your help!
 

Attachments

  • dunno 006.webp
    dunno 006.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 487
  • dunno 007.webp
    dunno 007.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 474
Are they teeth, or is the metal just destroyed by the plow/mashed/etc.?
 
Upvote 0
I'm thinking make-up related. Part of a lipstick tube maybe...? :dontknow:

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
Are they teeth, or is the metal just destroyed by the plow/mashed/etc.?

Yes they are teeth.


diggummup said:
DCMatt said:
I'm thinking make-up related. Part of a lipstick tube maybe...? :dontknow:

DCMatt
Yup. Looks like a flattened lipstick tube to me.

Does not appear to have been flattened at all, will take a side pic
 
Upvote 0
If it didn't have those teeth
I would say Definately part of
a Lipstick Tube.

I'm guessing it's some type of
Decorative Cover for a Lighter, Lipstick, Perfume
or something.
The teeth to hook on or to Prevent it from dropping Down
through the Bottom. if it is only half
 
Upvote 0
Example :

300352421943_1_0_1.webp

140329525461_1_0_1.webp

Still looking for an exact Match
 
Upvote 0
This is the shape it was when it was dug.
 

Attachments

  • dunno 009.webp
    dunno 009.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 360
  • dunno 010.webp
    dunno 010.webp
    23 KB · Views: 359
Upvote 0
If someone rolled that round those teeth would match to cover the bottom.

I think it's too thin for a lipstick tupe and might consider it's a pen cap...
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
If someone rolled that round those teth would match to cover the bottom.

I think it's too thin for a lipstick tube and might consider it's a pen cap...

Ahhh !
I see what you mean Jim.
 
Upvote 0
Jeff and Jim, maybe I will try and roll it back together.
The teeth may not have been teeth after all, when rolled they look like they would close the end like Jim stated.

Thanks guys
 
Upvote 0
I agree that this piece was once rolled up. I think it would still be too small for a lipstick cover, although there are some small lipstick tubes. A pen or pencil cap seems more realistic.
 
Upvote 0
I'm going to Stick with Lipstick
tube at this point

Simply because it's the
Only Thing I Ever saw with a slot
like this that I Remember

& The Color Design looks Feminine

dunno_007.webp
 
Upvote 0
My vote is for pen cap. The slot is where the thingy that clips the pin on your pocket went.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom